What effects do I have to use to get my Pads/Strings to fade in like this????

The link you put had like 5 different synths. Im assuming you're referring to the first two examples. There's no "effect" that does that. They just turned the attack up.

The attack trigger for midi turns from 0-127. A drum kick is typically at 0, meaning as soon as you strike the key, you can immediately hear the kick. They turned the attacks of these synths to around 90. That is why you hear them fade in.

The link you put had like 5 different synths. Im assuming you're referring to the first two examples. There's no "effect" that does that. They just turned the attack up.

The attack trigger for midi turns from 0-127. A drum kick is typically at 0, meaning as soon as you strike the key, you can immediately hear the kick. They turned the attacks of these synths to around 90. That is why you hear them fade in.

this.

7 char

it is possible that the synths that you are referring to have their ADSR set to provide the effect you seek.

Alternatively you can apply a little volume automation to emulate the same thing - a slow onset of the attack - this is similar to adding a VCA stage to your synth except that you are only using an attack stage rather than all of the stages

yea i was gonna say mess with the attaqs.. all vst and shits have the releases and attaqs and holds and shit all grouped together no matter what you are using.. they all play a major roll in shaping your sounds, find those knobs and get to twisting and running tests.

Back