What do you think the average IQ of a mainstream rapper is?

I.Q. Has nothing to do with what you know. It has to do with how you learn. How quickly and efficiently you comprehend things. You can have a very high I.Q. but lack wisdom. I.Q. is how intelligent you are but intelligence and wisdom/knowledge are 2 different things. 145 is high in my opinion. 140 being genius. 165 is high genius. When you state things like you can tell what someones I.Q. is by what they post on a forum it makes me really doubt your I.Q. is 165. Someone with an I.Q. of 80 is more than capable of learning grammar and vocabulary. You can't tell someones I.Q. by what they type. My I.Q. is 142 and honestly I wish it was slightly lower. I'm able to learn very quickly on my own but it's not easy for me to learn from others. A higher I.Q. can sometimes hinder you. I did terrible in high school and I think the reason is because school systems are set up to educate those of average intelligence. Having a higher than average I.Q. is almost like having a lower than average I.Q. when it comes to schools. You fall outside the lines.

Anyways I'm not sure who has a high I.Q. as far as hip hop artists go. My guess would be people like....

Common
Eminem
Talib Kweli
KRS-ONE

Those are just guesses though. I do know Madonna has a very high I.Q. :D

CrAcKa-JaCk said:
I'm at like 156, last time I checked was 6th grade, it was 140. six years adds a bit of wisdom.

Lol come on man. Your I.Q. does not change like that. You may have variations from test to test but never that drastic. I.Q. typically stays the same throughout your life.

Last edited:
IQ scores are pretty pointless, they were just created to make european races look smarter (aka superior) towards other races because they only test western knowledge (western mathematics, forms of logic, philosophy etc.). If someone with a high IQ from the US went to live in Borneo, they would look like a retard to the locals and vice versa.

raizikolo said:
IQ scores are pretty pointless, they were just created to make european races look smarter (aka superior) towards other races because they only test western knowledge (western mathematics, forms of logic, philosophy etc.). If someone with a high IQ from the US went to live in Borneo, they would look like a retard to the locals and vice versa.

im sure you also believe whitey is the devil right?

School systems are set to more or less make people conform, like sheep herding, so anyone who is defiant towards it (if they try to be creative or even just deviant), it pretty much shunned from society or stigmatized (by using grades, people think people with bad grades are nothing but trouble)

"im sure you also believe whitey is the devil right?"

I didn't say white, I said european western people.

Last edited:
raizikolo said:
School systems are set to more or less make people conform, like sheep herding, so anyone who is defiant towards it (if they try to be creative or even just deviant), it pretty much shunned from society or stigmatized (by using grades, people think people with bad grades are nothing but trouble)

"im sure you also believe whitey is the devil right?"

I didn't say white, I said european western people.

Yes I know, I was just generalizing a bit to get my point across. My point being, that it's usually pretty evident to notice those who are not educated in comparison to those who are. I don't necessarily believe the whole IQ system .. but most of these rappers on TV really are stupid, or are just great actors. It's also really sad that these guys are role models ... but hey, that's a whole nother topic in itself.

dumbest lyric: "innie minnie minie moe" first of all it's EEnie mEEnie minie moe, not only a very dumb lyric, but not even said right

Cameron Thomas said:
I.Q. Has nothing to do with what you know. It has to do with how you learn. How quickly and efficiently you comprehend things.
uum.. i think i said something very similar to that. you mustve skipped some of my replies on this thread. and the way you can guess (as i correctly did) is not his grammar or vocabulary. its his ability to understand and react. but besides that, its usually smarter people tend to have a better than average vocabulary, naturaly. because they will naturaly pick up on phrases and words without seeking them out. normally when someone uses that "vocabulary doesnt = smart" thing, it is used to make a point that just vus you have a good vocabulary doesnt mean youre smart, not to say you can be real smart and not have atleast a decent word arsenal. unless you grew up feril in a desert or somthin. it doesnt always happen this way , but it tends to coincide

California said:
it doenst involve big words, its mostly things like creativity, for example smarter people tend to be funny
im sorry if i made you feel bad with my iq. i play 4 instruments. u mad?

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not sure about every rapper but i saw the hip hop episode of "The weakest link" with B real, DJ Quick, da Brat, Young Mc, and Rev Run and others and those guys were pretty dumb! She was asking them some pretty simple G.E.D questions too and they still couldn't get'em right. Now i'm not saying they represent all of hip hop but it was a pretty diverse picking of rappers i think. Check it out below if you don't believe me. It's pretty funny actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LgbZNoPcRE

oh, another thing. you said it backwards. you meant to say "iq doesnt have to do with youre ability to learn(brain power) it has to do with what you know" because the i.q test does test vocabulary .its not all logic.. so you do have to "know" stuff to get a decent score. if you want to know your logic i.q but are scared of big words and math, then when you take the test ,tell it you dropped out in kidergarden, then it will take all the school type questions off or atleast out of consideration

Young Mc Was Hilarious !!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
California said:
oh, another thing. you said it backwards. you meant to say "iq doesnt have to do with youre ability to learn(brain power) it has to do with what you know" because the i.q test does test vocabulary .its not all logic...

Nope I said it right. It is supposed to be based on logic. That's why they don't ask you questions like who was the 14th president. That's why you can be tested when you are 8 and have the same score at 28.
They may assume you have knowledge of certain things depending on your age or what level of schooling but the knowledge part is really irrelevant.

Last edited:
aye yo on some real stuff some of those rappers are retarded

for real i knew the answers to most of the questions they
missed and im 17.

thats the kind of **** that make you want to send them
your old text books

but you can tell they're smart because they think quick

i.q test does ask you vocabulary questions. its flawed, but it is supposed to be an "overall" testing. creativity(what do you see)logic(does that mean all kings are named george)knowledge(which of these words best suits this sentence) and even brain processing like (whick of these images is different). but enough arguing ,i bet you that the average fp member's iq is higher than the averga man's

California said:
i.q test does ask you vocabulary questions. its flawed, but it is supposed to be an "overall" testing. creativity(what do you see)logic(does that mean all kings are named george)knowledge(which of these words best suits this sentence) and even brain processing like (whick of these images is different). but enough arguing ,i bet you that the average fp member's iq is higher than the averga man's
I don't know.... there have been some pretty dumb people on FP. :bat:
And Crackajack you aint 165 come on man :D

Game at 145? That is really hard to believe. Are you judging that based on the quality of his lyrics? A lot of the best composers of music have IQ's 20-30 points over average (so 120 or 130). Most rappers have got to be below average. Do they seem much smarter thant he average person you meet?

Snoop at 126? I pretty certain that Snoop couldn't crack 110. Maybe when he first started, too much weed since then.

Cameron Thomas said:
I.Q. Has nothing to do with what you know. It has to do with how you learn. How quickly and efficiently you comprehend things. You can have a very high I.Q. but lack wisdom. I.Q. is how intelligent you are but intelligence and wisdom/knowledge are 2 different things. 145 is high in my opinion. 140 being genius. 165 is high genius. When you state things like you can tell what someones I.Q. is by what they post on a forum it makes me really doubt your I.Q. is 165. Someone with an I.Q. of 80 is more than capable of learning grammar and vocabulary. You can't tell someones I.Q. by what they type. My I.Q. is 142 and honestly I wish it was slightly lower. I'm able to learn very quickly on my own but it's not easy for me to learn from others. A higher I.Q. can sometimes hinder you. I did terrible in high school and I think the reason is because school systems are set up to educate those of average intelligence. Having a higher than average I.Q. is almost like having a lower than average I.Q. when it comes to schools. You fall outside the lines.

Probablly why I did the way I did at school. Last time I checked, i had an IQ of 140.

Back