What beats are more popular?

So far, trap/south beats is the style that is most popular. I think that style lasted longer than people expected.

What beats are most popular?

They have to be original but familiar,
With a unique sound to them,
a relatable title (not some random word like octopus),
They have to sound "nice" and proffessional,

If i think of anymore i'll post. (not a beatmaker)

If you just looking for a clear cut style of beat that's most popular then your wasting your time, you might aswell make pop. Make the trend don't follow it.

Last edited:
Since about 2011, I have heard more beats that are of that West Coast feel..
I will make a list of genres so put them in order of what you think is more popular (not best, I mean popular).

Hip Hop Beats
Gangsta Rap Beats
Dirty South Beats
Trap Beats
Dance Beats
R&B Beats
West Coast Beats

Beats & Instrumentals | D-Funkdafied Music - Buy Beats | Hip Hop Instrumentals | Beats for Sale | Download Music | Sound-Ware

What market are we talking about?

Commercial worldwide?
Local?
Underground worldwide?

What region?

Pop/Dance music is the most popular.
Then its R&B.
Then its Hip Hop
Then you can start breakin down sub genres of Trap,StripClub, Traditional

Like somebody said, dont be naive...look a billboard and you can see whats most popular.

Last edited:
Since about 2011, I have heard more beats that are of that West Coast feel..
I will make a list of genres so put them in order of what you think is more popular (not best, I mean popular).

Hip Hop Beats
Gangsta Rap Beats
Dirty South Beats
Trap Beats
Dance Beats
R&B Beats
West Coast Beats

Beats & Instrumentals | D-Funkdafied Music - Buy Beats | Hip Hop Instrumentals | Beats for Sale | Download Music | Sound-Ware

I don't mean this to be an *******, but how do you guys distinguish the genres of hip hop/rap? I have heard EDM producers give me the run down on the difference between their styles (house, dubstep, ect.) which i don't understand because I am really not familiar with the music. I have been producing hip hop for years, so I think I would better grasp the differences. I'm from Atlanta, and maybe it's the radio stations here, but I don't think I could distinguish the difference between trap, gangsta, and dirty south. Any explaination would be great.

Professor John

Like somebody said, dont be naive...look a billboard and you can see whats most popular.

Billboard only tells part of the story.

When it comes to a remix.......what kind of music is still dominate? Trance, House, D&B, Dubstep, moombahton, ect.

When it comes to sample packs......what really rules them all by far? Trance packs, soulful house packs, EDM packs, ect.

The dance music genre is larger than people think. With LOTS AND LOTS OF remixes that we don't know about getting released......actual releases on itunes of dance remixes that are separate from the album release...even in hip hop with dance remixes. Not just one person's remix but remix albums with the same four to the floor beats.

Dance music is the "Wal-Mart" of beats. You're just "trapped" by the hip hop market.....outside of that trap.....you know dance music RULES THE WORLD!!!!!

Last edited:

When it comes to a remix.......what kind of music is still dominate? Trance, House, D&B, Dubstep, moombahton, ect.

When it comes to sample packs......what really rules them all by far? Trance packs, soulful house packs, EDM packs, ect.

The dance music genre is larger than people think. With LOTS AND LOTS OF remixes that we don't know about getting released......actual releases on itunes of dance remixes that are separate from the album release...even in hip hop with dance remixes. Not just one person's remix but remix albums with the same four to the floor beats.

Dance music is the "Wal-Mart" of beats. You're just "trapped" by the hip hop market.....outside of that trap.....you know dance music RULES THE WORLD!!!!!

Thats the thing I agree. Pop/Dance is at the top of my list. And if you look at billboard, those NOW cds and Kidz Bop cdz, they crush everybody everytime they drop. Aint no hip hop on them cds, that stuff is dance and pop music.

Yea i may have to change my answer. i was thinking in a hip hop sense. But you have a great point regarding all these remixes, and different sample packs. most tutorial videos i see on youtube are usually in the genre of edm music.

I don't mean this to be an *******, but how do you guys distinguish the genres of hip hop/rap? I have heard EDM producers give me the run down on the difference between their styles (house, dubstep, ect.) which i don't understand because I am really not familiar with the music. I have been producing hip hop for years, so I think I would better grasp the differences. I'm from Atlanta, and maybe it's the radio stations here, but I don't think I could distinguish the difference between trap, gangsta, and dirty south. Any explaination would be great.

Professor John

Um...Shawty Redd, Lex Lugar, Toomp, Rolling hihats, Jeezy, T.I. =Trap
Organized Noize, Outkast, Goodie Mob, Pastor Troy,Luda =Dirty South

As far as "gangsta rap" beatz, I guess dude is talkin bout west coast G funk , whiny bass type joints. Otherwise I dont know what the hell that means.

Last edited:
Back