what are these sounds called and how can i get them?

1) sounds like a classic Quincy Jones pulse width mod synth lead from the late 1970's
2) that's the other classic Quincy Jones whistle synth from the same time period

best place to find either is to program them for yourself

In the first vid the guy's using U-he's ACE plugin...but frankly, that kind of a simple sound is attainable with just about every synth that has a pulse wave (and adjustable pulse width) - which is to say, a great many synths.

1) sounds like a classic Quincy Jones pulse width mod synth lead from the late 1970's
2) that's the other classic Quincy Jones whistle synth from the same time period

best place to find either is to program them for yourself
how do i make the sounds? also is there a more general name for those sounds?

In the first vid the guy's using U-he's ACE plugin...but frankly, that kind of a simple sound is attainable with just about every synth that has a pulse wave (and adjustable pulse width) - which is to say, a great many synths.
do u know any plugins/presets that have those sounds? or can u show me how to make them?

As said, pretty much any synth with a pulse wave + pwm (a very common feature in regular subtractive synths). Not much going on there but a simple pulse, the width of which is being modulated either by an envelope or a slow-ish LFO. Also a quick portamento to smooth out the transitions between notes. If there's a filter being used, it's not doing much but judging from how thin it sounds, it might be highpassed a bit.

If this sounds like complete gibberish, I'd recommend learning some basic synthesis. This is about as simple as it gets.

Back