Volume in FL Studio....

Thanks HIMBeats! Im taking a little vacation from the other spot so I'll be alot more active here for now.

Anyway, to everyone else...I assume that everybody uses common sense when taking advice from me or anyone else. The advice I gave for increasing your volume won't naturally cause unwanted side effects (but it will amplify those that are already there)... that in mind, I will make this clear...if you don't know how to "master" a track, then telling you what to tweak would be absolutely useless because every song will be different. There isn't a "one setting" that "fits all"... if there was, every DAW would have a one click button called "MASTER" and it's done. Taking that into consideration, something as simple as a basic EQ can totally destroy a song if you don't use common sense. The advice I gave will increase your volume, if you hear something that doesn't sound right then chances are extremely good that its coming from something within the song itself, but at the same time "over-doing something" may cause an unwanted effect but still...common sense should tell you that if you didn't hear it before you turned whatever knob, then turn that knob back...lol. I'm sure that everyone here has heard how "mastering" is something for the pro's and thats true! It really is! BUT I encourage you all to test and try it. Every Professional Master had to start somewhere, nobody was born a "master", it is something thats developed through trail, testing and error.

Earlier I said there's no one setting that fits all... however, there is a great starting point...I dont use FL Studio to master anything that I would consider "a professional track". I use Har-Bal's Mastering Techniques and Waves, which you can find here... har-bal.com/index.php?/mastering-tutorial.php (just add the wwwdot at the beginning). This is really good info that can be applied to FL Studio but once again, its only a starting point, the key lies within how you tweak it.

Good luck and look out for my tuts once I can start posting links and things, I'm only gonna give you info on things that work for me.

Peace,

dac

Thanks HIMBeats! Im taking a little vacation from the other spot so I'll be alot more active here for now.

Very cool....glad you are spending some time on this little corner of the internet with us. Looking forward to some of your tuts for sure my friend.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

It is peculiar isn't it? I mean for wav samples to be deemed lossless and I still lose something after exporting out of sample editors such as imageline's edison or audacity it just doesn't add up to me. It wasn't moses by the way. The link is at the bottom. Posted by me. Forogt it was by me lol.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../how-does-one-properly-export-samples-375613/

Yeah it is weird because you are right a wavs data should not be changing upon export, at least in my mind, so I don't get it. Anyway, I don't create full tracks in FL anymore, maybe just lay down a drum track and then export that to PT and I mainly mix tracks for other artist so it is not a big deal to me, but I know it is for a lot of folks. I will check out the link for sure. Thanks man.

Yeah it is weird because you are right a wavs data should not be changing upon export, at least in my mind, so I don't get it. Anyway, I don't create full tracks in FL anymore, maybe just lay down a drum track and then export that to PT and I mainly mix tracks for other artist so it is not a big deal to me, but I know it is for a lot of folks. I will check out the link for sure. Thanks man.

i discovered something. i sampled a bass drum from a commercial mp3 record by exporting it as a wav file with loop points and again without loop points. when i loaded the sample up in fl studio it got flattened to less than -8dB. then i turned the sequencer knob to 86% and the piano roll notes to maximum. a lot of work to get to 100%. in the end the loudness and thump were identical to the original mp3. but soon afterwards i realized there's no need to do all that considering the fact that when you're mixing nothing should be at 100%! lol. so i came to the conclusion that fl studio was doing us a favor by reducing the loudness and retaining the info that the sample had in it.

EDIT: because whenever i'm producing/mixing i keep my kick around -8 to -10db anyway. so its all good. :-)

Last edited:
Back