how does one properly export samples?

acetheface954

ok so when i export mp3 and wav samples from already process mastered material they don't have the same loudness or information. BUT when i export samples that have not undergone any processing the information stays the same. i export at 32bit float with a sample rate of 44100hz.

results: .wav loses 2db and mp3 loses 8db.

tech: imageline's edison as well as audacity.

.wav is loss-less technology.
You will not lose any info with wave files.
mp3's yes, but not wave files.
Being 2db quieter means nothing, just bump it up 2db in the other app.
The noise floor for a 32bit float wave is around -150db, or something similar, and we can't here a noise floor that low anyway.
That is why 64bit waves do not sound any better because the only extra precision is an improved noise floor (i.e. -185db).
Humans can't even here the noise floor on 24 bit files, so I would not worry about 32 float not being good enough.

.wav is loss-less technology.
You will not lose any info with wave files.
mp3's yes, but not wave files.
Being 2db quieter means nothing, just bump it up 2db in the other app.
The noise floor for a 32bit float wave is around -150db, or something similar, and we can't here a noise floor that low anyway.
That is why 64bit waves do not sound any better because the only extra precision is an improved noise floor (i.e. -185db).
Humans can't even here the noise floor on 24 bit files, so I would not worry about 32 float not being good enough.

Man I'm forever bless to be given this knowledge. I wouldn't have ever got it. Hopefully this will help someone else. Thanks for the awesome info dawg.

Back