Vocal help please read need it sorting out in my head hahah

Mhirst

Hi guys

Basically here's my problem when doing a remix i get all the relevant info key bpm and all that

and I've got a remix to do for a Beatport contest the original track is 128 bpm and the vocal is 118 ?

in my time when i get the original track and acapella track and check the bpm and the vocal is always lower then the actual track

why is this ?

wouldn't it have to be the same bpm ? to be in sync ?

been asking about but all these stuck up producers never wright back ?

thanks for the help in advance

ALSO IM IN FL STUDIO SO ANY TIPS WITH THE TIME STRET6CHING FEATURES WOULD BE GOOD AS WELL :victory::victory::victory:

Check that info carefully: you may be assigning the vocals to the wrong bar, so it'll seem to be on a different BPM.

i get that mate but does the vocal after be the same tempo as the actual track

I don't see how a vocal at 118bpm would go along a song at 128bpm, man. So yes, the vocals need to be in the same tempo (perhaps half-tempo would be good too).

I heard that somewhere ? they ssaid half it or double it so i Have the acapella at 118 so make it 236 or 59

why half it ?

thanks for this as well mate really are helping me out

Ableton Live has useful feature: Warping Audio samples, so it can be synced if it has different bpm.
But as far as i know, there's no straight Warping method in FL Studio, so i took a quick journey with google, and found this

Not sure if it's gonna help, but check it out.

ff

I don't think that switching DAW is really necessary, if you started your journey with FL, stick to FL if you feel pretty comfortable with it! :)
@Vocals, sometimes i also have problems with alligning samples with different bpm's, it doesnt work so simply (<Warp> , done)
From time to time i have to zoom loops maximally to manually cut it and sync waveforms :cry:

There are much more decent videos about FL than Live in my opinion, also Ableton is not as newbie-friendly as FL Studio - i know that from autopsy; i started with FL studio like 3-4 years ago, switched to Ableton for no reason after 1 year of break with FL Studio, now im not into switching back though :D

ff

If it says the song has a certain BPM but the vocaltrack a completely different, then the information of the vocaltrack must be horribly wrong.
Not surprised though as vocals are often quite hard to detect the tempo of. Just insert an acapella in a DJ software and let it detect the tempo and you'll be surprised by the inaccuracy.

What is the name of the contest? It's on beatport, right? When I get home, I'll download the files and see for myself.

pure and simple, based on the premise that the vocal was part of the same project the track bpm is being given for:

whatever the bpm for the track is, that is the bpm for the vocal

if the vocal comes from an entirely different project then the required bpm is an epic fail and should be ignored; i.e. use the vocal bpm

Back