Updated skins- post here your corrections & comments!

Chater-La

Hi! So like I previously mentioned, we screwed up a bit while trying to fix the editor on the black skin and in the process we 'broke' the old skins (both black and gray/white). We had to rebuild them from memory and they are not perfect.

We rely on you to let us know if any corrections are necessary or if you have any design suggestions & color scheme.

We will continue fixing them.

I actually liked the gray/purple a lot; but even then it was a little too much contrast in some ways.

Maybe something like 5% gray for text area, 10% gray for Headings etc and 25% gray for the outer background with a black text font. The link colour needs to be something that stands out against the individual skin rather than being one colour fits all solution - the Blue is great in the black/white but is too close to the current gray scheme to be reliably read in context. Something more like this might be useful, in fact making links bold and italic would actually help them to stand out in the text

Current skins are doing good.

Kinda amused that you had to rebuild from memory - don't you keep a repository version of each minor fix so that you can revert if necessary? I have my final year high school students keep (and deposit to the safety folder on the server) versions of their projects for exactly the same reason. Going back a step in your versions is much easier than rebuilding from memory. Heck going back a step and pulling the skins code out is much easier than rebuilding from memory.

Please please please just take out the black background. It just makes it a pain to read anything.

The black skin is now the default option but if you prefer the gray/white like we had before you can just scroll to the bottom of the page and on the bottom left hand corner is a drop down menu to switch to the white/gray skin!

Quick navigation dropdown menu doesn't do its job anymore - no subforums listed anymore, it just says "Array"

4jamw3.jpg

that looks like a variable has been misnamed in the code that generates the dropdown - capitalisation matters in most scripting languages these days.

New rich text editor some issues

Even when you set the cursor to a specific place in the text box, Pasting text automatically inserts the text at the start of the text box

Add a smiley, the text box scrolls to the top of the box and inserts the cursor there at the first character position

Smilies
Can we get a non-angry Off-Topic smiley :offtopic:; more sort of a cheeky/devilish Off-topic smiley, where the poster knows they are topic but are doing it because the aside is either funny or relevant or both

Back