Tutorial: Saving and Loading Your Projects (AKAI MPC 1000)

Thanks Mano. I was going crazy saving and loading my stuff.

? Is it possible to delete one sample at a time on the compact flash card within the MPC? Or do I have to wipe out and reformat the card?

Thanks

Anad

MPC Deleting files

Thanks Mano,

I finally figured it out by trying to organize the save files on the compact flash card. I am so happy that you'd demo how to save entire projects because I was so disorganized and previsouly lost several projects but now I know how to save properly.

Again Thanks!!!:)

Right on... watching a video is so much easier then the manual... if a pic is worth a thousand words... a video is worth 5 manuals... call me lazy because i am... Thanx mano I will still read my manuals i promise...

!!!!wazsup!!

wazsup pf and all im new to im trying to get use to the layout!!!!!

Just Wanted To Thank You Man I Kept Losing My Beats,or They Would Not Come Back The Way They Were Supposed To. I Just Wanted To Take The Time To Thank You. Your Well Appreciated
Please Let Me Know Where I Can Find Some Free Mpc -1000 Programs Of Musical Instruments Or Really Really Cheap(i Have Three Kids Three And Under Everything Seems To Be Getting Expensive)thanks Again

Hi DIVINEJUSTIVE

I dont know about free mpc1000 programs/sounds but you should search FP for the words "drum kit" and stuff like that... people post stuff on the forums... there's also the LINKS section of FP (small link toward the top) which has a category called "Samples & Patches".

good luck with the kids.

Thanks

I wish I would've saw this sooner, would've saved about 10 years of living. I had the all time breakdown when one day all my hard work was not there!! I still have all kind of "directory errors" erros when trying to save on my memory card. It's a 128MB and has 91MB available space left. BUT it won't even let me click and drag new sounds into it anymore. Does anyone know anything about this? Could the card just be messed up, damaged, no good? It still lets me upload the sounds already on and I can take WAV samples off of it, but it will not let me add anymore sounds to it (mesage something similar to: file path cannot be created) or save my work when I'm done (directory error) Luckily I've been able to use the 32MB it comes with, but now that's full and I'm out of luck!

Just copy the files to your computer to back them up
then format your card
then put your files back on it
and try it again

yes it might be mesed up.. remember to backup your stuff!

does the XL have the same saving features? cause i just got mine and i was having problems saving and this may clear the issue up.

Mano:

Can you save/load projects with sounds that you programmed from midi. ie; Battery 3?

Thanks

great vid mano and im just happy i stopped on by and joined ya'll cos i've had an mpc1000 for about 6months now and your videos sure beat reading dat manual. stay blessed with what your doing fam much respect to ya.

pakkman6 said:
does the XL have the same saving features? cause i just got mine and i was having problems saving and this may clear the issue up.

I don't know sorry. perhaps a 2000XL user can post about it.

Ekzpi said:
Mano:

Can you save/load projects with sounds that you programmed from midi. ie; Battery 3?

Thanks

Nope, and no MIDI sequencer does that-think about it, the sounds are in your battery device... the mpc will "control" it. so YES you can save your SEQUENCES that control BAttery... but it won't save "sounds" per-se.

You just need to remember to open battery (and other midi devices... not just software) as well as your mpc project... for everything to play.

Good luck.

PVIBEZ said:
great vid mano and im just happy i stopped on by and joined ya'll cos i've had an mpc1000 for about 6months now and your videos sure beat reading dat manual. stay blessed with what your doing fam much respect to ya.

That's what it's all about. Thanks for the kind words, I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying it.

I have several new FP SHOW episodes coming... :)

Last edited:
mano could you post a video on how to use a midi controller with the mpc 100 to read the midi notes you are triggering from reason..thanks

thanks for the tutorial... I still am having a little problem when saving. So I saved entire memory, though when I turned my mpc 1ooo off and back on the pitch shifting that I had assigned to my pads and used in my my sequences and tracks didn't save. It returned to how the pads had previously been before I had applied any pitch shifting or dynamic changes in the mode program window. Can any body help me out with this. Thank you
2.My mpc came with all this sequences that auto load when ever I start my machine. So when I want to find an un used sequence I have to scroll up to the 30's to start fresh. I can't seem to get rid off the sequences. I don't know if they might be part of the permenent or something. Any help much appriciated, thank you.

Back