Turntables the past and midi controllers the futures

Honestly, I don't think it matters what you use but how you use it. I've watched shitty DJ's use turntables, CDJ's, laptops and still suck at DJ'ing. Technology is not going replace the amount of effort it takes to pu together an awesome set.

TRUTH!

When I went to go buy my Denon DN-MC6000 digital DJ controller from Guitar Center in December, they still had 6 brand new and sealed Technics SL1210-M5G's and 1 sitting out for show looking oh so SEXY!!!!!! Turntables will not die!!!!!

In saying about moving forward to the future of DJing with computers and MIDI DJ controllers, it's all fine and good to me. But... I don't know how many gigs I've been to where someones laptop froze up and stopped/BSOD or the MIDI device wasn't mapped correctly to the DJ program or there was crazy latency problems in an audio interface or an external HD with all the MP3's that just died all of sudden. That sh!t totally fks up a gig and brings a banging party to a screaching halt.
When that happened, it all came down to the fast action of a DJ and the quick push of a button on a Turntable and a cd player to stop the "dead air" and keep the party going. :D

Last edited:
use what works for you. If i'm doing a lot of gigs i would rather not lug around turntables/crates/ etc... but at home why not if you have it... at the same time the more you use your tool, the better and more efficient you will be at utilizing it.

Do you.

Back