Trap Music Origins

no, origins are much further back as in 1971 and the Theme from Shaft

has all the hallmarks including the iii7-IVmaj7 chord progression

I was more or less talking about midi controller, virtual instrumentals and the darkness and creepiness. I do hear the progression though with the Shaft song.

One day a record exec in Atlanta lost a bet and he had to find the lamest southern rapper around and record a whole album over ridiculous beats. Who knew it would sell?

[/thread]

Wanna know something funny.................real "trap origin".........was music that everyone used to say was "wack" because it sounded like some video game music back in the days. Even in the south. So nobody should try and act like somebody was some great pioneer of what was called and now renamed for another sub genre as "trap" music. You will never have the answer because it never "existed"....it was made up by people who didn't know any better.

The truth has been spoken.

Don't let T.I trick you.....he only "coined" the phase but with a different meaning that what you would expect.

And Jeezy couldn't name Ball and G as a pioneer of this shit right off his head.........so he don't count for shit.

>

When you hear the word trap all over an album...let people overseas tell it..........you know they get things confused a lot......:)

Just keepin it real.....all love.....

Last edited:
seriously though, i wonder how dj paul feels about people remaking the mystic stylez beat over and over again

I have had that Ghetto Boys album for a long time so that shit isn't a mystery to me, what is though is the name of a very trap like Bass track I used to have on tape, I remember it because the snare rolls were even more over the top than the type of stuff cat's like Clay D were putting out.

Back