Trap help

YoungBlazeHo

Hello guys, I'm new here and I just need an answer
I started making trap beats a week ago and it sounds okay but it is not exactly what I want
I have a lot of drum kits and a lot of trap expansions for Nexus. Btw what do you think, should I get Omnisphere? I heard it's really good.

Okay back to the question, I need help about instruments. I can make a pretty good beat Lex Luger style, Brick Squad style.
But I want something else. In my country (I'm from Serbia btw) trap is way more aggresive. I can make a melody but not the background aggresive sound, if you know what I mean. Can you help me finding the instruments to do that with. Here's a song for example:

Thanks in advance guys.

hearing trombones in octaves and 5ths in the low octave e.g. D[sub]1[/sub]-A[sub]1[/sub]-D[sub]2[/sub]
808 kick doubling the low trombone at the sub-octave (1 octave below) - e.g. D[sub]0[/sub]
e.g.

trombone 1D[sub]2[/sub]Eb[sub]2[/sub]D[sub]2[/sub]C[sub]2[/sub]D[sub]2[/sub]etc
Trombone 2A[sub]1[/sub]Bb[sub]1[/sub]A[sub]1[/sub]G[sub]1[/sub]A[sub]1[/sub]etc
Trombone 3D[sub]1[/sub]Eb[sub]1[/sub]D[sub]1[/sub]C[sub]1[/sub]D[sub]1[/sub]etc
808D[sub]0[/sub]Eb[sub]0[/sub]D[sub]0[/sub]C[sub]0[/sub]D[sub]0[/sub]etc

note that the trombones have had a low pass filter added to them with a cutoff about 2kHz and that their bass response has been tweaked back about 3db in the eq section using a shelving low cut characteristic. You may also find that you need to use an aggressive sample for the trombones (can be found in Miroslav Philharmonick) to get that bite you are looking for

faux theremin sound on top - sireny type lead synth can be done with triangle/square wave combo where the triangle is louder than square

also sounds like a glockenspiel is doubling at points in the intro specifically (orchestral type of glockenspiel with a full octave below the smaller units you see in schools)

in the low octave again we hear tubular bells

also some strings in the upper octaves providing blending

violas providing that sawing back and forth between 3 notes in the middle octave

something sounding like a trumpet but obviously a synth

this sounds cool but I'm guessing the lyrics are exactly the same as other trap given that "baby mamma" shows up in them

note on octave numbers
Middle C = MIDI note number 60 = C[sub]3[/sub] in most daws = C[sub]5[/sub] in fl and BiaB

i.e. add 2 to the numbers if you are using fl

Last edited:
This is really off topic, but it still amazes me how popular trap music is in other parts of the world like that.

hearing trombones in octaves and 5ths in the low octave e.g. D[SUB]1[/SUB]-A[SUB]1[/SUB]-D[SUB]2[/SUB]
808 kick doubling the low trombone at the sub-octave (1 octave below) - e.g. D[SUB]0[/SUB]
e.g.

trombone 1D[SUB]2[/SUB]Eb[SUB]2[/SUB]D[SUB]2[/SUB]C[SUB]2[/SUB]D[SUB]2[/SUB]etc
Trombone 2A[SUB]1[/SUB]Bb[SUB]1[/SUB]A[SUB]1[/SUB]G[SUB]1[/SUB]A[SUB]1[/SUB]etc
Trombone 3D[SUB]1[/SUB]Eb[SUB]1[/SUB]D[SUB]1[/SUB]C[SUB]1[/SUB]D[SUB]1[/SUB]etc
808D[SUB]0[/SUB]Eb[SUB]0[/SUB]D[SUB]0[/SUB]C[SUB]0[/SUB]D[SUB]0[/SUB]etc

note that the trombones have had a low pass filter added to them with a cutoff about 2kHz and that their bass response has been tweaked back about 3db in the eq section using a shelving low cut characteristic. You may also find that you need to use an aggressive sample for the trombones (can be found in Miroslav Philharmonick) to get that bite you are looking for

faux theremin sound on top - sireny type lead synth can be done with triangle/square wave combo where the triangle is louder than square

also sounds like a glockenspiel is doubling at points in the intro specifically (orchestral type of glockenspiel with a full octave below the smaller units you see in schools)

in the low octave again we hear tubular bells

also some strings in the upper octaves providing blending

violas providing that sawing back and forth between 3 notes in the middle octave

something sounding like a trumpet but obviously a synth

this sounds cool but I'm guessing the lyrics are exactly the same as other trap given that "baby mamma" shows up in them

note on octave numbers
Middle C = MIDI note number 60 = C[SUB]3[/SUB] in most daws = C[SUB]5[/SUB] in fl and BiaB

i.e. add 2 to the numbers if you are using fl

Man Coach, your ears are made of gold!

if you can't identify those instruments.. just quit making trap beats all together.. it's real basic trap sounds.. orch hits.. brass.. whine.. fast hi hats.. 808's etc.. nothing out of the ordinary

if you can't identify those instruments.. just quit making trap beats all together.. it's real basic trap sounds.. orch hits.. brass.. whine.. fast hi hats.. 808's etc.. nothing out of the ordinary

Yeah you probably knew everything about trap sounds when you first started making forementioned beats.

I'd have to say this was uncalled for..

I have been making trance-like music for many years now, and I've been listening to it frequently. When I started out I didn't have a single clue what any sounds were called, I had no idea how to make any of them, and even if I know a lot of sounds and techniques by name now, it still doesn't stop me from crafting my own descriptive terms for sounds that I can't put a name on (no matter how "ordinary" they might be) when I'm talking about that music with people.

Last edited:
I'd have to say this was uncalled for..

I have been making trance-like music for many years now, and I've been listening to it frequently. When I started out I didn't have a single clue what any sounds were called, I had no idea how to make any of them, and even if I know a lot of sounds and techniques by name now, it still doesn't stop me from crafting my own descriptive terms for sounds that I can't put a name on (no matter how "ordinary" they might be) when I'm talking about that music with people.

trap and trance are way different

trap and trance are way different

You don't say?! Really, the OP made it clear he started making trap little time ago, and is asking for help. And you were the only one (besides the "what he said" guy) to give an agressive response.

Wallengard was using his experience with Trance as an example, to show you that everyone have difficulties when starting out. Well, I guess that you didn't have any, right?

Back