This will change your production game !

DjPolair

Songs With The Same Chords - hooktheory.com

1. You select a Key.

2. You chose a chord.

3. Now it generates the chord that comes next most of the time + famous songs, as an example of your chosen progression.

4. Profit.

This makes production easier and gives you more of a sense where you're at while creating.

Will this trend of technology analyzing music change the way music is made ?

Maybe one day they can calculate songs by pressing buttons, I hope that will never occur tho.

Here's a great resource for all chords on piano/midi: http://www.pianochorddictionary.com/

Don't miss this y'all !

Last edited:
Superb. This can work wonders for me, as I focus more on music licensing. When they say they're looking for a song "similar to ______ by ______ artist"... they really mean they want you to bite 99% of that song. Bookmarked it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Songs With The Same Chords - hooktheory.com

1. You select a Key.

2. You chose a chord.

3. Now it generates the chord that comes next most of the time + famous songs, as an example of your chosen progression.

4. Profit.

This makes production easier and gives you more of a sense where you're at while creating.

Will this trend of technology analyzing music change the way music is made ?

Maybe one day they can calculate songs by pressing buttons, I hope that will never occur tho.

Good find bro!

I put in a chord progression they said was for Payphone by Maroon 5. They got it all wrong. Their example didn't even sound close. Not sure that it was in b minor like they claimed it was before transposing it to C.

That is probably because of the possibilities of errors in the original transcription process - no transcription is 100% accurate, unless it is of your own music

Add a lack of rhythmic similarity and you probably get to the core of the issue with what is presented.

The process is most likely based on some form of statistical analysis (markov chains based on analysis of a large database of songs/progressions), and therefore as with all statistical processes, prone to occasional error

I put in a chord progression they said was for Payphone by Maroon 5. They got it all wrong. Their example didn't even sound close. Not sure that it was in b minor like they claimed it was before transposing it to C.

See, this site is mad independent tho, you can talk to the owner on Facebook and he responds to every comment within 30 minutes lol

They're using a new method that is not yet perfected so there will be occasional errors. And you gotta remember that its like Wikipedia, anyone can contribute so mistakes might take some time to get fixed by more competent people.

I seen this before, I'm going to look into it again. Here is another useful tool:

Piano Harmony Midi Studio

It helps in harmonizing a melody give it the bass and melody notes and it does the rest. They have a version you can buy for the ipad and windows that includes more chords, but I just use the free online version.

Last edited:
lmao!!!!!!!!!!! Time for me to go to sleep.

Oh....by the way. This is why your DAW sucks.

Last edited:
lmao!!!!!!!!!!! Time for me to go to sleep.

Oh....by the way. This is why your DAW sucks.

I say use whatever works. I can get on my keyboard and come up with chords progressions in different keys. The Piano Harmony gives me different voicings to consider when harmonizing. When you learn a new chord voicing the key is to learn it in all 12 keys so that you really own it and then you can use it any time you want.

^^^^^you know how the game goes.........instead of drum patterns, you learn to connect the dots. Instead of learning to play the piano, you master the cheat codes. I made a post a long time ago explaining the cheat code mindset. Video games ruined everybody's mind when they develop the cheat code.

I like all of these cheats...

Everybody cheats... if you click in your drums on a grid, can you repeat that pattern on a real drum set? Probably not... so that grid that helps you make your pattern and quantize your drums or you slap some groove enhancer that gives your drums swing... is cheating.

Cheat! just don't use loops or else you're really not doing anything. There, I said it again.

Last edited:
I like all of these cheats...

Everybody cheats... if you click in your drums on a grid, can you repeat that pattern on a real drum set? Probably not... so that grid that helps you make your pattern and quantize your drums or you slap some groove enhancer that gives your drums swing... is cheating.

Cheat! just don't use loops or else you're really not doing anything. There, I said it again.

Again I say use whatever works, because the public doesn't care. They only want to hear music that sounds good, they are not going to ask you if that bassline or synth sound came from a sample cd. It's just us as producers that are concerned about those things. With that being said I will not make a track that contains only loops. I will take a loop and flip it or leave it as is and build a whole track around it. Once I'm done adding drums, percussion, strings, guitar, keys etc the track has a completely different feel.

Back