The Evolution Of Trap

^^^^^:cheers: I feel I shouldn't have to explain since the music speaks for it's self as far as evolution. Like I said...I spoke about this plenty of times...(notice how many people like "another trap thread like this?").

My points in the videos is how twisted shit has gotten. I even predicted this shit years ago on here...I predicted this EDM shit (and I was only being funny). But damn....it has officially happened. Southern music is not OURS any more. Our music doesn't represent US any more.....thanks to the internet. Like I said (EARLIER IN THE THREAD) all of these commercial rappers and producers need to explain deeper about how they became the "starters" of whatever genre. YOU AND I KNOW THAT LIL JON DIDN'T INVENT CRUNK! But he is the man who gave it commercial appeal so the world can hear. And I should apologize about Lil Jon.....he actually tried to explained the term "CRUNK" plenty of times and how it all started....just people still doing what I call their own "personal sense". People need to understand with evolution of "trap".....it just didn't start with Lil Jon. People need to know the influence of all the music that came before "crunk". People need to know how Memphis influenced it all. Because you and I know that niggas in the A was deep into that Memphis shit. We ain't talking about the commercial rappers in the A.....but niggas like me riding to that hard shit that got niggas like "damn what is that"........you know how we do.

Shit like Jeezy not naming Ball and G in an interview asking who are the most influencial rappers in the south....that shit should never happen. Their name should be first on a lot of rappers list today because "they sound like they did back in 92-93 today". But sadly...people write raps and think they were inspired (biting) one rapper.....yet that rapper they are biting was inspired by another rapper til you get to the meat of it all. That's my argument with this shit. We need to let the world know from OUR point of view of living it instead of letting these money hungry ass rappers tell it....because they only going to say what the people think. And the people need to know that the South is more than just "trap" beats. You should be on my side because on FP it's like "US against THEM......trap music vs hip hop. LOL I even pulled up threads from back in 2006 (I think)......thread titles...."WIll Crunk EVER DIE"..."WHAT"S NEXT AFTER CRUNK"....SAME GOT DAMN SONGS in those threads... people were calling "CRUNK...NOT TRAP". You know what they called TRAP? JEEZY TYPE BEATS...(under the genre CRUNK)....No mention of T.I's Trap Muzik....KNOW WHY? Because T.I's Trap Muzik title was no different that Mobb Deeps "Murda Muzik. Here it is 2013.......now we have people seriously explain how trap started in 2004...then people argue T.I started it...then Lil Jon....then (Mannie Fresh of all people).

Remember this from me......my words......how I feel....IT'S ALL DOWN SOUTH MUSIC!!!!! Not dirty south.....DOWN SOUTH. WHen you keep it how it's suppose to go...people don't get confused and we all can get a good laugh....not just the people that know better as they grew up around it. Because the problem is "US DOWN SOUTH GOT TOO MANY GOT DAMN STYLES". So many styles that we have to be broken down in to sections by people. They did the same to Native Americans......called them Indians because they thought they were in India when they landed. LMAO!!! Same shit. We can't fight the shit if we eating turkey and smoking peace pipes and shit.....SO WE EXCEPT IT.

Oh......I forgot to mention since you may not know...but I put names like "trap" and "crunk" in quotations meaning "what they call it"....not me. It's all south shit like it's always been. It's just these youngins got to have a name for shit...which gets them confused later when they want to knw where shit come from.

Last edited:
Why are you calling me an idiot when i ask a simple question? If it was way before T.I. why isnt that nigga mentioned? Why dont you bring the name up that did invent trap muzik before T.I.? Could it be A-Dam-Shame that started it all?

It sounds like someone is bitter. Either get with the times or stay true and do you. As a person who is getting heavily into EDM type trap, it starts to piss me off that people think I cant produce or Im not into REAL Trap (whatever that is) because Im trying to expand my knowledge as a producer. I started out making southern trap I just found it not to be interesting enough for me. To each his own I guess.

^^^^^not being a smart ass and I know you talking to highkoo.....but NOBODY STARTED IT. It evolved and people gave music the name "trap music" as more of an explaination of what kind of music than an actual "genre". It just some how got confused in the mix later and now even more confused as people get into EDM Trap...Trapstep, Trapstyle...and all of that other shit. T.I never explained that he was starting a "new genre" when he came out with Trap Muzik.....though he does claim he coined the name which he has a right to.

To end this discussion with a little common sense.....if these dudes like Jeezy and Gucci and T.I and whoever would have ever said that they are starting a "genre of music" called "trap" back when they were starting.....their would have been plenty of diss songs from a bunch of rappers in the underground. They would've been dogged out on the radio....would've been plenty of interviews of rappers disagreeing with them with actual interview footage we can all see today. We only call it "trap" because we need some kind of discription for the music we make. It's like........biting.......if we said "Shawty Redd type beat". You still making a Zaytoven, Shawty Redd, Lex Luger, Mike Will type beat.....it's just nicer to say "trap" so you can be "original" in a sense instead of using their name. It's all just other people's personal style in the Southern rap genre. Which is funny....because now people over seas are making "trap" their way...but it sounds nothing like Shawty Redd...Zaytoven....90% of it only uses chants from sample packs. lol. But I remember back n the days you would record the chant all the way. That's why shit be weak...don't have no soul. Dudes gt lazy. Went from recording all the way threw the song....to a 4 bar loop....to got damn putting one "what" in a sampler. lmao!!!

That's another thing yall get confused......those little what samples and shit......that's not music thing...that's OUR CULTURE even before it was on wax. Be in the club like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Lil Jon showed yall how we be......but we been like this before "Lil Jon".

SO......trap music is nothing but crunk music sped up a little bit? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

It sounds like someone is bitter. Either get with the times or stay true and do you. As a person who is getting heavily into EDM type trap, it starts to piss me off that people think I cant produce or Im not into REAL Trap (whatever that is) because Im trying to expand my knowledge as a producer. I started out making southern trap I just found it not to be interesting enough for me. To each his own I guess.

Get pissed then got dammit! lmao! Nobody trippin off yall making music for white college students......just thinking it is funny that yall trying to give it more credit ability (hahahaha spell check correctness is a MFer) by putting the name "trap" in it. Dudes putting up graphics of hoods and trap houses and shit.....putting pictures of crack and money and junkies and shit.....then the music comes on like girls gone wild....DA FUUCK OUT OF HERE!!!!! Change the name and it's all good for real....the shit won't last long at all with yall halloweening for the kids and shit. Posers! When Guuci said "white girls''.......he didn't literally mean white girls. Rick Ross got that Justin Bieber.......but he hate that pussy can you keep a secret.

People get dumber every year......it gets worse ladies and gentlemen.....stay tuned for 2014...when a new genre is born.....they took my advice....cahnged the name to DNT.....take a guess. lmao!!! Bwwhahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Last edited:
Great posts Rice. :cheers:
You have a good perspective on all of this. I think its good for everyone to see it explained.

Why are you calling me an idiot when i ask a simple question? If it was way before T.I. why isnt that nigga mentioned? Why dont you bring the name up that did invent trap muzik before T.I.? Could it be A-Dam-Shame that started it all?

Sorry man, I wasnt really calling you an idiot. You were used as an example and I just replied.
My point was that no matter what gets said in this thread someone is going to quote something older.

Back