tha truth hurts sample

length of copyrights

hello all, and sona big ups for the info and knowledge on hindi and the music. it does sound so beautiful and i've always wanted to know what certain songs mean in english. (the only language beside french my lazy *** knows) .

check this joint by timbaland..

slum village - disco (remix) feat ms.jade

it features a vocal hindi sample and some tyte production..
the vocal sounds something like

mere saat hai to hee raja ( with me .... ...???)
jo mere bahon me tu aja ( come into my arms)
jab tumse dekha mera dil gya (when i saw u my heart went )

k and this is what i heard.. someone else gotta correct me cause im sure im worng about some of this..

now i wonder if this sample is cleared..

get your freak on hindi sample

Yo Jay,
I'm sorry, but I've been looking for that sample a very long time too, if I ever find the original I'll post the info. The first time I heard the sample actually was not in Missy's "get your freak on" but from an episode of Xena ( yeah yeah i admit it, i used to be a fan lol).
The song itself is a ghazal (persian/hindi poem set to music) and the lyrics on Xena were :
"maut mujhko gawara hai lekin, kya karoon dam nikal ta nahin, daal do apna aanchal...." but I'm almost positive that this itself is just an introductory couplet to the original song (very comon in ghazals) The intro sets the mood for the song to come but is not necessarily part of the ghazal. Loose translation : death to me is tolerable, however it does not come, cover me with your veil..."
Could be that Timbaland just sampled it from Xena (or one of the xena soundtracks) , i don't know, but its the exact same sample ' "maut mujhko...."

Also, I'm 99 percent sure its not the same song as on Sean Paul's street respect. (i'm talking vocal samples) Anyways, I'm sorry I couldn't help you much, but it's all the info I got. Like I said, when I found out, you will. Take care all.

By the way thx mkd. The artist on the slum village track is Raje Shwari - she also did the hindi vocals on Jay-z's bounce and the ching ching remix w/Timbaland & Ms Jade too. (she's the chick in the taxi in the Slum Village disco music video)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Drum was sampled from BT express "Do it till you're satisfied". I got it on vinyl. Hell....you can get it online. And DJ Quik produced it not Dre.

i dunno if it helps but i heard in some interview with missy that her and timbaland worked with some asian musicians/artists when they did "Get Ur Freak On", tho i think that was for the instruments, that vocal could have been a sample from somewhere else still.

Man when react dropped it sounded so much like addictive to me that I thought they were doin a parody of the **** at first then I thought they were kinda bitin. But who knows when the beats were made exactly.

hindi song sample

I need info form my Master's thesis- how dorky of me. Anyhow it is about that Eric Sermon song that samples the Bollywood track- is is Lata Mangeshkar or is it from the film Taj Mahal? What is she singing. My hindi just ain't that good....
Thanks for your help.
Alexia
email me at justinelemos@hotmail.com

YOUR ALL WRONG

woah........ you guys know nothing.

Addictive samples a Bollywood film, and Dr Dre produced her entire album. phew....

Bollywood

OK- so Addictive sampled the Bollywood film- which film? And how did Eric Sermon end up using this sample? and did they get the rights? and what is she saying? I need the info for my thesis on cultural appropriation.....

Eric Sermon song React uses a totally different sample. isnt it obvious!!!!! the truth hurts is from a bollywood film not sure what but there all the same. and i cant speak sped up hindi with fx all over it. maybe u should try learning it.

actually I have been studying hindi everyday at UC Berkeley for the last year and can read write and speak... and no, i don't think that all Bollywood samples are the same.
thanks anyhow.

Saregama is the label.

The original label was something else thats why they had such a hard time to pay their roaylity they claimed that Saregama had chaneged its name many times over the course of 60 years.

lol @ "beware of the boys" collab between jay-z and panjabi mc ( a four year old track none the less)

all this songs with indian samples are terrible. just my opinion.

btw, I am from indian background.

check out la bella mafia by lil kim, you will be disgusted ( either that or you'll think its cool/

Back