Swizz Beatz VS. Mannie Fresh

Who you think is iller???

• SwizzBeatz

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • MannieFresh

Votes: 28 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly, I think Dame Grease built Ruff Ryders. DMX was the work horse of that label and on the first album Swizz only did 1 or 2 tracks. The rest of the album was done by Dame Grease, PK, and Irv Gotti did a joint as well.

this must be a joke. Mannie Fresh is one of da greatest, he was with cash money back when they had u.n.l.v. in da early 90's. da man carried cash money on his back, album after album. Swizz is good but u can't compare him to Fresh.

Mannie built Cash Money and Swizz built RR so I guess the question is what label had more of an impact. Well the most important rapper right now is Lil Wayne. So i'ma have to go with Mannie. Plus he brought that whole Snare Roll thing which many people started using after he did it.

-Swizzy-

Ok yes Mannie Fresh might have more songs in his cataloge than Swizz but Swizz has Waaaay more HITS (think about it) and really anybody can Produce a track but it takes a GOOD PRODUCER to create a HIT

yourz.trulee said:
-Swizzy-

Ok yes Mannie Fresh might have more songs in his cataloge than Swizz but Swizz has Waaaay more HITS (think about it) and really anybody can Produce a track but it takes a GOOD PRODUCER to create a HIT

They both have a lot of hits... both have changed the face of hip-hop. Check out their credits... much too long to list here, Mannie's been on the scene since 1992-1994 Swissy 1998

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:0bfyxqy5ldfe~T4

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:fcfpxqejldfe~T4

You can't just say one has more hits than the other one, you would have to constitute "what" a hit is first (sell a million, 2 mill, has to have been played on the radio.... or is it what ever songs you liked... that's a hit?)

Last edited:
I don't really check for either one of these dudes anymore (been like that for a while, actually), but for the sake of this thread, I'll say Swizz Beatz just because of "Down Bottom".

I like Swizz slightly better (Cause I enjoy the East Coast feel of his shizz.) But they're both legends with countless hits.

Man, hard to decide. I have to go with Swizzy just because his beats makes me go crazy. More than Mannie's.

F*ck a gym. If you want a workout, play swizzys' beats. You'll dance till you start sweating blood. I swear.

GATOR BOOTS WITH THE PIMPED OUT GUCCI SUIT!!!!AINT GOT NO JOB BUT I STAY SHAAAAAAPPPPPP

CUZ IM STILL FLYYYYY

mannie fresh

Last edited:
Me personally, even though I born and raised inNY, I gotta go with Fresh simply because he crafted the whole Cash Money sound, put a whole label on his back;Swizz was doing his thing but there were others who were instrumwental in the RR movement than just him-Dame Grease, PK, Neo da MAtrix, others. Both are col in ther own ways but for my taste, its Fresh, Fresh, Fre, Fre-sh lol..

Id Have To Say Swizz Because He Has The Ability To Work With A More Diverse Group Of Artist, Where Mannie Is Mainly Producing For Southern Acts... Dont get Me Wrong Ima Huge Mannie Fan... Just Not much Diversity From Him...Swizzy Has A More Distinct Sound.

Now If The Question Was Is Swizzy Better At The NY SOund Than Mannie Is At The SOuthern Sound? Then It Would Go to Mannie... The Guy Has The Southern Sound Down Pack.

Mannie fresh is the reason why you here "Dirty South/Down South beats!" Hoenstly, Mannie and TImbo (and later on down the line Dre) are the main reasons I produce. I still remember those Cash Money albums that Mannie produced by himself. The Cash Money catalog alone is well into the 100's and most of them are original.

Swizzy imo is very overrated. He can make a down right classic beat and then he'd fall off extra hard on some real BS. Eventhough Swizzy has worked with more artist, he's very inconsistent as a producer.

Mannie has been "relevant" in the game as a producer for over 10 years so I think he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Swizz!
Prolly ma biggest influence,prolly cuz I can't play a lick of music but I can still put things together.Sickest drum programming ever.Nobody sounds like swizz.Nobody.Thats the main reason I think he's better.But fresh is dope.It's funny how I seen in a thread maybe last week someone said listeners love him but producers hate him.yall funny

I think what's dope about these two producah's is that they both rap too...spittin' over your own trax makes you a TWO-HEADED DRAGON...

Back