Suggest Some Gears

M

mkamsi

Hi everyone,
Can u guys suggest me some gears for a studio (home Studio), Right now I just have Akai MPD 18, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & and a Yamaha keyboard)
which other things you guys think I should buy or consider to buy.

Thanx in advance :)
Have a great day !!

How's your monitoring situation?
Bro, right now, I don't wanna buy monitors.(Temporary basement situation) I just wanna have gears which may be put into a bag (for e.g. channel strips etc.) But not monitors. On the other side, I don't want to mix on headphones, so that's why I am not investing in those too.

given your budget I'd save the money and invest in something a bit more toward the upper mid range of gear ($1k +)

Well, this is kind of random. Can you think of anything more specific than "can be put in a bag" (well, you said "channel strip" but 200 CAD just ain't gonna get you anything worthwhile on that front)? A synth, a sampler, a mixer, a control surface? What do you feel you're lacking?

Well, this is kind of random. Can you think of anything more specific than "can be put in a bag" (well, you said "channel strip" but 200 CAD just ain't gonna get you anything worthwhile on that front)? A synth, a sampler, a mixer, a control surface? What do you feel you're lacking?

I wanna have that real feel of mixing with faders, knobs and all that stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanna have that real feel of mixing with faders, knobs and all that stuff.
A used Tascam-FW-1082 maybe? I'm after the larger one myself (but I have monitors and shit already).
Maybe an APC20 (not sure what they run at used in the US/Territories ?)

out of interest... What are you using for monitoring?

fw-1884/fw-1082 is a good investment

otherwise maybe look at the behringer range of bcf200 and bcr200 (f= faders, r=rotary) control surfaces

Urm I surpose if u makin hip hop ' do u want to record peoples vocals ? If so mic maybe ' or channel strip ' yeah ' I think u could find something worth having for 200 - something to record thru . How can u not want monitors ? U can get small ones if they HAV to fit in a bag .

Buy something cheap to record vocals thru - do u hav secondhand gear shops anywhere nearby ? If so get just something with eq and comp on it so u can process vocal on the way in to ur ScArlett -

DawntreaderUK;4***9184 said:
Buy something cheap to record vocals thru - do u hav secondhand gear shops anywhere nearby ? If so get just something with eq and comp on it so u can process vocal on the way in to ur ScArlett -

Which EQ and Compressor under 200 ?

DawntreaderUK;4***9181 said:
Urm I surpose if u makin hip hop ' do u want to record peoples vocals ? If so mic maybe ' or channel strip ' yeah ' I think u could find something worth having for 200 - something to record thru . How can u not want monitors ? U can get small ones if they HAV to fit in a bag .
Yeah, I also wanna buy a mic, monitors in a bag ?? Which one are so small ?

Back