Operating System: Mountain Lion
All for 557$? Should i change anything i saw this laptop on gainsaver

Are these specs good?

Hard Drive: 60gb
Optical drive: Combo drive
Memory: 256 mb
Operating System: Mountain Lion
All for 557$? Should i change anything i saw this laptop on gainsaver

60gb HD? 256mb of ram? What year you are living now? 1994?

Firstly,i'm happy with SSD HDD and they're totally reduce your money for RAM investment.

So, for running OS and DAW,plug etc. I would advice you to 128Gb or 256GB SSD Disk and a USB 3.0 external drive for your samples,projects etc.

About RAM you can still try with 4GB if you've a powerful CPU like I7

Ok well i chaned it a bit to, 320gb hard drive & 4gb memory. It also says the proccesor speed is 2.0ghz-2.49 ghZ. All for 841 its a 15-inch macbook pro, also the OS has many different options i can choose from should i change it?

It's better :)
Personally, i'm a Windows fan and hate anything about Apple :)

So it's up to you, choose one of you're comfortable OS

Op i already went through all of this with you, search for that old thread we talked about it in.

The specs you listed are garbage

Where you talking about these being garbage? 320gb hard drive & 4gb memory. It also says the proccesor speed is 2.0ghz-2.49 ghZ.

Where you talking about these being garbage? 320gb hard drive & 4gb memory. It also says the proccesor speed is 2.0ghz-2.49 ghZ.
thats better, i didnt see you post that anywhere besides for right there.

The specs you originally posted were laugh-able, I am doubting they were even right it had to be a typo haha.

But anyways, I'm not a fan of 4gb of ram. But those specs would work. Id go 8gb Ram though. My laptop has 16 but 8 would be enough for you. 4gb You still have to monitor your usage pretty closely and that just doesnt make sense to me if you are paying for an upgrade, why pay for an upgrade thats gonna be annoying and potentially cause problems.

4gb will work, but you WILL also run into problems eventually. Certain plug ins i have def wouldnt run with everything else I run if I only had 4gb.

Last edited:
Also find out what the specific model (in other words, which year) the Macbook is, as those initial specs sound like it's one of the very first ones from 2006 or so.

Also find out what the specific model (in other words, which year) the Macbook is, as those initial specs sound like it's one of the very first ones from 2006 or so.
oo i wasn't aware he was talking about a macbook i thought it was just cheaper cuz it was a PC, but a bit newer.

Back