SoundClick Shopping Cart

Whatsup y'all,

Recently I started developing a shopping cart that can send my beats automatically without having to pay a monthly fee like myflashstore.

I then decided to release my application for other producers aswell, registration is currently free so if you're curious check out http://www.mybeatcart.com

gr

hey man,

this is great.. i have been looking for something like this for the past month or so and finally you have answered my call..

well done bro.. looks fantastic and simple layout.. perfect for my site.

props

PS: i sent you a PM. hit me back.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

oh,,, AND..

upon purchasing a VIP licence... will that remove the annoying little advert from the bottom of the cart / player?

This leads us back to, can this application access files outside of my webroot? Naming your files has nothing to do with the file security. If you point download to a remote server, it only takes one person to pay for the download and put that link in public, regardless of how it was named. Unless you want to be removing/re-uploading and editing your cart after every purchase.

Now the above scenario is not going to happen that often, I'm just saying that it might be something to think about. It's also the reason the other imiliar solutions are hosted, because that way you can control file permission and set download limits on the files.

Ofcourse one could do that (somewhat) storing the files on a remote server, but then you would have to have a script in place that would limit downloads based on access from same IP, access so and so many times during X amount of time. Even so it would not stop all abuse and it would require a decent amount of work from the end users side.

Why is this even a issue? Why would someone buy a lease and then release the link?
And why wouldnt someone just upload the beat somewhere else and release his own link?

If you purchase a beat on myflashstore the link won't expire either and it's accessible for every IP, so why is my method any worse? I think your seeing a problem where there isn't one

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

hey man,

this is great.. i have been looking for something like this for the past month or so and finally you have answered my call..

well done bro.. looks fantastic and simple layout.. perfect for my site.

props

PS: i sent you a PM. hit me back.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

oh,,, AND..

upon purchasing a VIP licence... will that remove the annoying little advert from the bottom of the cart / player?

yes the advertisement will be removed upon purchase

Last edited:
what don't you understand exactly?
you can add a download link which the application will automatically mail to the user after payment has been received. you can also add discount packages. (3 for $10, 4 for $15)

As far as file security goes, your filenames are your security.
I recommend using filesnames that can't be guessed, like 234h34k23hfsnameofthebeat+130bpm.mp3 or something.

If your files are accessible publicly on your own server then thats a security issue on your server.

I didnt say I misunderstood you I said I wanted more information about your product and service. Your site is very bare bones/ get to the point about it. Wheres the fine print and details about what I am purchasing? I like the idea of what you are doing a lot but it comes off very amateur without any real information available for your product is all.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

and will this work with word press?

the whole goal of my application if to keep it simple. but I will add some information soon.

it will work with any website including wordpress

the whole goal of my application if to keep it simple. but I will add some information soon.

it will work with any website including wordpress
Awesome! can't wait.

Few days ago i was updating my wordpress site and tried to add the shopping cart but for some reason it didn't worked.

how did you try to add it?
you just need to insert the code into any page, also you probably need to add a crossdomain.xml file to your server because flash player blocks loading the playlist externally by default

Cross-domain policy for Flash movies

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

Hey guys, I just made my Shopping Cart Free with no limitations. So if you're looking for a free shopping cart goto:

Free Shopping Cart for Producers | MyBeatCart.com

Last edited:
Yes I know I started the thread, but I've updated the product and now it's completely Free. So I just wanted to give it some attention.

looks like the site is down....? =/

I remember this. It was a cool idea except it didn't handle product delivery.. *I think*

On another note: just quick heads up for those of you considering beat carts...

Although I'm a big fan of "beatcarts" and automating the beat selling process in general (I currently use a flash beat cart- probably one of the best online *currently* you can see it here) there is a couple of things you guys should keep in mind -

1. Sites like soundclick block flash in ways that prevent the cart from functioning properly.
2. Apple also blocks flash objects too. Have you tried to look at a beatcart on an ipad/iphone? It's just blank....

Yes I know I started the thread, but I've updated the product and now it's completely Free. So I just wanted to give it some attention.
I was half asleep and missed that. Thought that you were giving support. I was thinking oh wow tech support a year and a half later not a good look lol

Back