SoundClick Shopping Cart

JackRichards

Whatsup y'all,

Recently I started developing a shopping cart that can send my beats automatically without having to pay a monthly fee like myflashstore.

I then decided to release my application for other producers aswell, registration is currently free so if you're curious check out http://www.mybeatcart.com

gr

Last edited:
yes, you can put a download link there (you can use megaupload or something if you don't have webspace).

I don't support file hosting right now, but that's why it don't cost anything to use it. Other sites ask monthly fees, I don't find this neccessary

A lot of people have registered, the first 20 accounts automatically upgraded to VIP.

I've made this application to replace the old fashion buy now buttons you see on every soundclick page, it's a proven fact that sales improve if your website is user friendly. This is basic web knowledge.
In return I ask a small one time fee for a VIP account, seems more than fair.

Last edited:
A lot of people have registered, the first 20 accounts automatically upgraded to VIP.

I've made this application to replace the old fashion buy now buttons you see on every soundclick page, it's a proven fact that sales improve if your website is user friendly. This is basic web knowledge.

first n formost . .thnx for upgradin my status . . . i got one last question . . where would i put the code on my soundclick page if i have a regular account www.soundclick.com/musicalroots

Thank you for the upgrade.

I wouldnt mind paying for this if i i had more information on the VIP service. I was looking for something like this several months ago. I may leave Facebook for this

I have my concerns about the file security, since you pointed out that you can link a download to a megaupload link or to your own servers.

Unless you want your links going public, there must be a way to protect them.

Is this something one can install on his own servers or is the cart hosted by you? If it can be hosted on my server can it access files outside of the webroot?

I'm all for it and I have no problem spitting out a one time fee for something that meets my needs, but the information on the site about the cart is non excistent.

Very nice, I think I might have been the first person to sign up, but I never said thanks.

So....thanks, lol

I have my concerns about the file security, since you pointed out that you can link a download to a megaupload link or to your own servers.

Unless you want your links going public, there must be a way to protect them.

Is this something one can install on his own servers or is the cart hosted by you? If it can be hosted on my server can it access files outside of the webroot?

I'm all for it and I have no problem spitting out a one time fee for something that meets my needs, but the information on the site about the cart is non excistent.
agreed:cheers:

I wouldnt mind paying for this if i i had more information on the VIP service. I was looking for something like this several months ago. I may leave Facebook for this

what don't you understand exactly?
you can add a download link which the application will automatically mail to the user after payment has been received. you can also add discount packages. (3 for $10, 4 for $15)

As far as file security goes, your filenames are your security.
I recommend using filesnames that can't be guessed, like 234h34k23hfsnameofthebeat+130bpm.mp3 or something.

If your files are accessible publicly on your own server then thats a security issue on your server.

Last edited:
what don't you understand exactly?
you can add a download link which the application will automatically mail to the user after payment has been received. you can also add discount packages. (3 for $10, 4 for $15)

As far as file security goes, your filenames are your security.
I recommend using filesnames that can't be guessed, like 234h34k23hfsnameofthebeat+130bpm.mp3 or something.

If your files are accessible publicly on your own server then thats a security issue on your server.

This leads us back to, can this application access files outside of my webroot? Naming your files has nothing to do with the file security. If you point download to a remote server, it only takes one person to pay for the download and put that link in public, regardless of how it was named. Unless you want to be removing/re-uploading and editing your cart after every purchase.

Now the above scenario is not going to happen that often, I'm just saying that it might be something to think about. It's also the reason the other imiliar solutions are hosted, because that way you can control file permission and set download limits on the files.

Ofcourse one could do that (somewhat) storing the files on a remote server, but then you would have to have a script in place that would limit downloads based on access from same IP, access so and so many times during X amount of time. Even so it would not stop all abuse and it would require a decent amount of work from the end users side.

Back