Small Studio advice

Lcoverdale

Hi guys,

Building this small studio with small vocal booth in my garden in the next few months

ibb.co

IMG-20210219-173253

Image IMG-20210219-173253 hosted in ImgBB
ibb.co
ibb.co

I'm lucky enough to weekly use a friends rehearsal space and another band rehearsal space.
So I don't need my studio for rocking out. Just somewhere to get ideas down, some some practice and some producing.

It doesnt need to be really sound proof, it's around 150ft from neighbours and 2 of those neighbours are really close family friends.

It's a timber construction.
Im thinking of using rock wall insulation, then a 1cm rubber matting around the whole structure then acoustic plasterboard.

Just wondering if this sounds okay, and the plan above looks okay?

Also in regards to installing xlr and Jack wall plates what wires do I need to connect 2 eitherside of a wall?

Cheers guys. Big love

If at all possible, soften the corners by changing angles slightly. Maybe you can use a drum screen instead of losing all of that real estate to your vocal booth. If possible, a wall inside the wall (space is what stops frequencies from escaping).

As to wall plates, if you don’t need lots and lots of inputs, I would suggest just running an 8 or 12-channel snake, or what we did in one installation was just run XLR cable through the walls and use regular electrical plug boxes (except fit the front covers with XLR). I will try to find a picture to post...

GJ

Back