sampling cd's

You need a scsi CDrom Drive and a akai,Roland,Emu formated sample cd.

Do you Ebay?

There out there.

Look for SCSI CD drive.... and look for the older apple unit's you will save some money.

If I hook a scsi cd drive up to my s1000. Will it allow me to sample from I cd I put in it and also save and load to and from cd r/w's.

Or...you could go the cheaper route and sample from a cd player into the MPC using the rca's or 1/4 inch jacks.
( dont know which the MPC has )

JunkOne said:
Or...you could go the cheaper route and sample from a cd player into the MPC using the rca's or 1/4 inch jacks.
( dont know which the MPC has )
The problem sometimes is that sometimes the quality of the audio is bad

wouldnt it be top quality if its sampled from a cd ? cd's are already mastered and are in top condition. even the old stuff on cd is re-mastered to sound good. i dont get what your saying...

sampling audio from a cd player:

1. Do it digitally, (though you'd need the output expansion board for the mpc to do that)

2. If you have a pro cd-r machine with balanced outs ( the mpc has balanced 1/4 jack inputs)do it that way

3.If you have a DJ mixer with balanced out and a cd with normal phono outs plug it into the dj mixer then go balanced out into the mpc.

4. A cd-rom connected by scsi is the easiest way to load in data like wavs, snd files etc

Back