Samples In Red Bull Big Tune

I just manipulate the patches and make my own.I just got it running after my joint crashed a yeah ago.Praise said he used the vintage keys,E-mu got some good soundfonts I think they on my blog unders soundfonts out the ass 2

Nah I don't use the vintage keys or vsts for bass. Just a few various bass samples run through a few different filters etc. I wish it was some deep production secret that made seem like I know more than I do, lol! But nah, just chop, layer & filter and you'll be surprised what bass patches you can come up with. Also, the asr's effects/filters/ad converters really help out, lol

my big bro wants me 2 enter the big tune but i dont think ill b redy 4 it in time...especially seein as how my coach took some of stuff cuz he only wants me 2 focus on skool n track =/

Good luck Abnormal, I'm kinda curious to see what kind of scene St. Louis has.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Also I was curious as to how many people get invited at each city?
The music hear is terrible but its a few cats like Black Spade and Vandalyzm who r dope.I hope it's more hip hop producers there,but I'm coming with sum crazy sh.it

Damn Praise you're killin it, those beats are fire.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

wow i just reconsidered into not entering this year
Praise you gonna kill everyone if you enter lol
i just checked your bandcamp
Slap might be the best beat i've heard in awhile
i feel like i've heard the keys from somewhere.
did you sample that from a video game?

Thanks for the props! The track "slap" has no samples in it. Played everything in it. Its such a plain and simple melody it probably just sounds familiar, LOL.

I don't know if im trippin but I can swear that I've heard samples being used in some of these battles.I was wondering if those rules about no sampling are outdated are do they still apply.It would be dope if someone who actually was in the battle to give info on this matter.

Yo the homie Boondock said on his youtube page that samples are allowed, a few of the beats he used to get in the joint were samples..I don't see how they could have a beat battle without lettin folks have sampled ish...

Xabiton you know seattle kills that shit tho! Saba killed that shit in wat 07? And Marcus D ripped some shit last year...

Xabiton you know seattle kills that shit tho! Saba killed that shit in wat 07? And Marcus D ripped some shit last year...
thats what makes this funny. Redbull (a contest started in Seattle) not allowing samples. Hell the best producers from Seattle sample very heavy. Marcus D, The Bizness, Jake One, Bean One and I think Vitamin D used to sample a lot and stopped maybe a couple years ago and just bought the old school gear he was sampling from before.

they say"bring sample free beats" not u can't use em. Hell in one of kdcutz vide vitamin d is their watching some sample
people do it anyway. non sample beats at the contest dont even get love at the show from what I hear. I always hear about the contest the day after so Ive never been

people do it anyway. non sample beats at the contest dont even get love at the show from what I hear. I always hear about the contest the day after so Ive never been
yo can tell from u all the producers that win sample.Frank Dukes sample C-Sick sampled and Brainstorm samples not to mention the countless other winners

yo can tell from u all the producers that win sample.Frank Dukes sample C-Sick sampled and Brainstorm samples not to mention the countless other winners
im not saying all of them did just saying I dont know many cats who are dope with keys in Seattle. The best hip hop for the most part imo is sampled

Its true man.. down in the bay kids be comign with that hyphy sound synth and shit they get stomped on by the sample kats... Wat i love about the seattle flavor is they got that synth keys sound meshed with the samples so its like a hybrid art... Sabzi and even marcus have that ill synth style on top of dope samples, i feel thats wat makes thier sound fresh...

Alot of kats try to keep it legit and vibe on that swing dilla sound etc... You gotta progress ur style with new flavors without selling out ur style for a triton beat ya know?

Its true man.. down in the bay kids be comign with that hyphy sound synth and shit they get stomped on by the sample kats... Wat i love about the seattle flavor is they got that synth keys sound meshed with the samples so its like a hybrid art... Sabzi and even marcus have that ill synth style on top of dope samples, i feel thats wat makes thier sound fresh...

Alot of kats try to keep it legit and vibe on that swing dilla sound etc... You gotta progress ur style with new flavors without selling out ur style for a triton beat ya know?
Seattle needs it's time to shine like New York did.It's so many dope artists and producers there

Our time is coming. Btw for those into good Seattle Hip Hop J Pinder just dropped an EP called Code Red its dope and its free. Google it and give it a listen

Kuddie Fresh is so dope I remember his early beats from 10 years ago dude just keeps gettin better and better

Back