Roots Manuva REMIX COMPETITION! Get the acapella!

Nh Kracker:
You gotta realise it's a quite big record label, for electronic music anyway. Normally if you send them your demo they won't even listen to it if they don't know you or someone has recommended you. They probably get 50-100 demos every week, maybe more.
I met a guy from a small label once at a music business discussion and got his business card. After I sent my demo in, I had to call 6 or 7 times before he had listened to it. I'm not even sure he did. He just said the usual: "it's good, but not what we are looking for blah blah". To get into The music business it's not enough to be super talented. You need to be lucky and persevere A LOT and have hard skin. You are gonna get a lot of "no's".

So, send them demo in will ya. ;)

Nh Kracker said:

n my man, mano LOL... I got a question if I may... do I have to sent them a cd with my remix? can't I like email them the link or sent the ish through email? -- nh kracker.

CD by mail :) check out the press release link in my original post and the rules on their website

HAPPY TO SEE EVERYONE IS PARTICIPATING!

FP INVASION!!!!!!!!

:cheers:
:victory:

Nh Kracker said:
then why the **** am I even remixin it? I ain't gonna sent them cd just so they'll hear my ****... god damn i made like so much of this beat till now n it was like in that whack lyrics style just that hot, god damn it... anyway ima finish it but won't upload it on my ****in page and ****ty... anyway dawg i heard yo **** on soundclick... it's tight them 30 hours ain't bein wasted. but it's still a lot of time.

WOW! You don't have to be so upset about this man! It's not like they are forcing you to participate ;)

Like Armadillo said: this is a GREAT label (not just big in size) - they sign people who have a lot of talent and keep the QUALITY high.

It is an *honor* to have these people listen to your material.

About the time "wasted" - just in case it helps anyone here, I would like to share with you my point of view, from my own experience:

I have spent litterally thousands of hours (or days) learning and learning, focusing and focusing, practicinga nd practicing. EVERY great invention you use every day was invented after a long process with many many many trials and errors. You can apply this way of thinking to anything in life.

Everything takes efforts and in the long run, everything that goes around, comes around (and I will add "... 1000 times")

Think long term here :)

Anyway... Have FUN making music. Remember your time is never wasted.

Take care

heres a lil sumthing i did on a demo fruity 5 last night but then realized couldnt save it....

managed to bounce down wavs by track tho am now gonna re seq in cubase

heres a fruity mp3 which got chopped off when it messed up

any comments would be great

REMIXMIAMILIVE said:
Man finally finished! Now what?

What do you mean what?

Read the rules... You send them your remix on a CD-R. They have all the details on their website.

fromt he roots manuva website (Click on any banner on FP, then on DOWNLOADS then on the Witness Acapella)

Download Info
For the first time ever, we're giving you a chance to get hold of the Witness acapella. And it's FREE! All we ask in return is that you use it to enter our remix competition and produce a blinding rework of a classic tune, stick it on a cdr and send it to: WITNESS MIX, c/o Big Dada, PO Box 4296, London SE11 4WW to reach us no later than January 17th. The winner will have their track streamed on the site, receive a package of Roots-related goodies and even get an opportunity to remix a track for a forthcoming single.

CpU on 85... 2 days of mixng to get pella spot on. any one else find it this hard. only one more remix to do now.

slydog said:
CpU on 85... 2 days of mixng to get pella spot on. any one else find it this hard. only one more remix to do now.

It may be too late now unless you send it "next day" which would be expensive

they want the CD by the 17th I think. they are in the UK

REMIXMIAMILIVE said:

Ahh.. its just my random thoughts/rants on mp3 acapellas. I've often came across tracks that were nominally lets say 85 BPM but in fact they were seriously off the BPMs or even out of tune. Chopping them up usually solves the issue.

The main point that i was trying to prove is that MP3 is a lossy format and besides reducing some frequency information encoders often detune it up or down for just a few Hertz, they drop some samples, few bytes etc. Little by little, Error by error and you have a serious drift in the rhythm.

Thats why uncompressed wav files are preferred.

Back