Recommended Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern Recording Techniques by David Miles Huber and Robert Runstein. A great book for beginning audio engineers and experienced ones alike. Written in plain english, easy to understand, just a great reference book to have around the studio. 630 pages, covers everything from AAC to Copyright protection, to Hi-hat Miking technique, to MIDI, to punching in, to Spectrum Analyzer, to waveform characteristics, to Zenith magnetc tape head alignment. Literally reading from the index.

I vouch for "Think And Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill.
Quite possibly the most important book you'll ever read in your life.

I vouch for "Think And Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill.
Quite possibly the most important book you'll ever read in your life.

is this a book about becoming rich with money and material things? Or is it some metaphor for a "rich" and happy life??

Mastering Music At Home by Mitch Gallagher
I checked it out at the library. Still haven't returned it.
I've read it about 2 or 3 times. I recommend it to
everybody who's serious about mastering their own
work.

Thanks for the book suggestions. So many to read, so little time! :)

is this a book about becoming rich with money and material things? Or is it some metaphor for a "rich" and happy life??

Yes, it's actually about money. But as with good books on the topic, it can be applied to other things as well.

Thank you for the book suggestions, this post is something I have been searching for the past few days.

I've been thinking about picking up some books, but I'm wondering how much of the information can't be found by just searching around the net.

What I've found is, books that have nothing to do with music, will help you become a better musician.

For example:
Robert Greene - "The 48 Laws of Power", "Art of Seduction", "33 Strategies of War".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back