REASON 5 user question

Buzzzzzzzzz

I was messing with the mixer while making a song just to see what type of effects I could create with it...... I had an effect attached to one of the aux and it works fine....... but when I go to a specific channel and try to automate that same aux to adjust during the song (i.e.. turn the knob all the way off or put it on full blast) it doesn't work.....

anybody have this same problem, or know what I'm doing wrong? shit is pissin me off

i feel like a ****in idiot for makin a whole thread on the problem....... i pretty much figured it out right after i clicked send on the thread....... sometimes i can't see through all the clutter of the imaginary wiring of reason 5 and i plug something in where its not suppose to be...... just a mistake on my part........

im assuming you know how to use reason 5 tho so if i do come up with a legitimate question ill swing one by you if you don't mind answering.... thanks for the quick reply regardless

EDIT: it was the 14:2 mixer

Last edited:
Yeah - it's kinda hard sometimes to see through the cable clutter - sometimes the metaphor is overdone by propheadz.

As for a reason 5 user, yes, pretty knowledgeable - have moved on to six but most of the underlying issues are the same.

WAY overdone...... but i guess its necessary? helped me learn a lot about connections at least

how do u like six compared to five? i don't wanna leave 5 yet i just started getting the hang of it... i could use record though, 5 sucks ass when it comes to mastering.

Well I've been using 6 since it was released as a beta and I found that the integration with all of Reasons features was nothing new if you already had Record 1.5 The exciting bits were the new FX, which are still exciting me.

Yeah, I agree - do it all the time since Reason 4, but wasn't really at issue here, I thought.

without record mastering is pretty shitty on reason compared to other programs... and theres a lot of other programs that are a lot easier as far as mastering... logics mastering interface is so simple and direct.... i was thinking about getting that or ozone izotope.... I'm take a look at that video later tho

I would suggest that it may be "shitty" more because of a lack of experience on your part than a lack of quality within the program - I have some seriously well mastered stuff done entirely in Reason 4 and 5 start to finish - it helps that i been doing this stuff since the start of the 1980's, though - i.e. I have a sonic reference that i can replicate with reason rather than trying to learn a tool and a craft at the same time.

I have really only used Record to prepare podcasts, ie. A/B rolling on tracks, recording Voice-over and sfx plus theme music - it was a way to learn the software and get best results from it. They are equally good in my opinion.

very true...... 30 years under your belt makes you a damn guru lol....... I've been doing a LOT of experimenting messing with sounds to work with for the last 6 months and i made a hell of a lot of progress but i feel like logic and even garage band are better for me at this stage..... probably cuz I'm so green.....

Back