Reason 5 Filters/Pro Tools

G

Alright I want to be able to route my drums from Redrum into a NN19 and use it as a filter. I know I can use the envelope filter device but I want to know if its possible to do this method.

The NN19 would act as an fx vs an instrument, Possible???

Also if anyone uses Pro Tools do you recommend any plugins that I can use specifically as a filter?

Not possible - there is no way to feed audio into the NN19, so no way to use it to process any audio. You could maybe do it by sampling your drums to begin with and then play them back as one-shots in the NN19, but it is a lot of work for what may be very little benefit.

You can do something with both Thor and Subtractor, as they are wired up that way.

As for PT, no ideas - industry standard does not equate to best in breed for me.

Okay thanks. I'd really like to have control over the filters, ADSR and Oscilators available. Create a variety of fx. Of course I could create the "one-shot" deal but thats a lot of extra work I normally dont do. I could use the NN-XT as well because it has multiple outputs, that seems the more realistic route.

No I meant Load all my samples into the NN-XT and just use the filters inside it. W/O using the Redumr or Kong or NN-19.

No you cant in NN-19
Yes you can in Thor and Subtractor.
Use those if you want to do it.

For Pro-Tools, you can check out Fab Filter plug in.

Back