Ray J - I Hit It First (Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Diss)

LOL, I thought dude with him was Berg until he started rappin.

Kim K's gonna sue him for using her likeness. Dude's should know the law.

She wouldn't win anything. Her name isn't said and they didn't use videos of her or pictures of her. They just grabbed a girl that looked like her. so no win on that one

She wouldn't win anything. Her name isn't said and they didn't use videos of her or pictures of her. They just grabbed a girl that looked like her. so no win on that one
? She's all in the video. I got a feeling this thing is bout to get ugly.

? She's all in the video. I got a feeling this thing is bout to get ugly.

yes, but it's not her. that's the thing. nor do they say it's supposed to be her. It's all implied. so you can't sue someone for using a similar looking girl... my bad you can sue, you just won't win a case. It's an easy open and shut case

yes, but it's not her. that's the thing. nor do they say it's supposed to be her. It's all implied. so you can't sue someone for using a similar looking girl... my bad you can sue, you just won't win a case. It's an easy open and shut case
Your right. Still don't think this wont turn out good.

She absolutely could win alot. All she has to do is prove he's capitalizing off her fame and using her likeness to gain a profit. Study those law books, happens often, and we talking Kardashians, they go in for their bread.

She absolutely could win alot. All she has to do is prove he's capitalizing off her fame and using her likeness to gain a profit. Study those law books, happens often, and we talking Kardashians, they go in for their bread.

I know about that rule and I looked it up myself. That's why she wouldn't win. If Ray J had used her name, picture, or any other image of her in the video then it would be an open and shut case. You can't sue for a look a like. T.V. Shows do it all the time where they won't say the name of a person or product, but instead use a similar sounding name or look alike. This is for a normal case though, but you are right when you say we're talking about the Kardashians. lol they might buy the case

^^^FACT> They sued old navy for using a model who was mistaken for Kim K by viewers of the commercial. Old Navy never intended to benefit from a model looking like Kim k, they never used her name or implemented the model was Kim K. Ray has done alot more by referencing socially popular events involving the both of them. "I want to make another tape" or whatever he said in that context? "Now she's going West", he gave plenty of ammo to a legal team.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Kim Kardashian, Old Navy settle over commercial starring lookalike - Los Angeles Times

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

^^^If that can get a settlement, Ray J can be in some real trouble.

^^^it grabbed a settlement though not an actual legal victory. truthfully if Old Navy had fought the case they would've won it. If Kim gets money from Ray J out of this it'd be because he doesn't want to spend the money to take the case to court like Old Navy did

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

similar situation here The Post and Courier - Google News Archive Search

^^^He's signed some lucrative record deals over the years that just didn't turn out the best, he banked off VH1 with the love of Ray and Family Values shows, he turns a decent profit hosting events in Cali...and get this, he made tons off that video he made with Kim K that propelled her into fame and gave her a fanbase in the 1st place.

He prolly even made a decent buck singing 1 wish in that vid insert before that Mayweather fight.

He has alot more of his own money than overnight celebs FPers hate on because they think they're rich/successful for the month they're being talked about.

Last edited:
Back