rap music "famous presets thread"

Hi-res said:
The lean back sounds could easily be remade in reason..people are just lazy or dont know what they are doing...its just basic strings with pitch bend...NOTHING ELSE!
are you serious??[or canis major?lol]anyway,i dont think its just soo 'easy' as you put it i know am not lazy,so i would like to hear you rework that lean back with reason then post it!

de_v said:

are you serious??[or canis major?lol]anyway,i dont think its just soo 'easy' as you put it i know am not lazy,so i would like to hear you rework that lean back with reason then post it!

I got u even better than that: "Instead of makin this
thread longer than it have to be, I say we battle! me and hi-res (use'n reason of course) against ne1 who say reason is wack and sound terrible. ima show u
that all ur keyboards aint good for nuthin but hidin' behind. put ya money where ya mouth is and we will
SEE what can and caint be done playboy!

i hate that laffy taffy song.

I think they just used the wasp. the default sound.

I HATE D4L!

THEN THEY GET A MUSIC VIDEO...........HOW THE ****!?!?!

What kind of ******* decides to play that song on their radio station. Who are theese people...and why havent they been killed yet.

qbsfinest said:
yeah i don't use it, i got a motif es, which is TWO TIMES better than reason.

holy ****... TWO times????

hahaha i just found that super funny that you put TWO TIMES in all capitals and **** like you were making a big point

most people mighta said a thousand times, a million times, but nah the motiff is just TWO times better

hahaha

Last edited:
Ugh...Reason is coo if you could use it right...I personally don't use Reason but at one point or another it did bother me that producers out there are making hot beats using just a cheap arse Reason while i'm over here spending my rent money on high price equipments trying to keep up with the latest sounds and trends and technology. hahaah fukcing ironic. It's really about the talent one possess not the equipment. I bet some producers here plan on buying a Triton because the Neptunes made all them beats off of it. hahaha

lol yea. im a reason user and ive used everything under the sun. when i first made beats i ****ed with LOTS of **** then when it was time to make my own studio reason was perfet for the bill. Why? i wont get into. i use right now only 5 gm sound fonts and i have a couple more other ones that are acoustic guitar along with reasons stock and thats all u need. if u havea triton then all the **** in their plus some sound expantion chips and another synth and thats all u need. only stupid ppl have a T an F and a M. why? cos ur getting basicly the same ass sounds that are only tweaked and thats dumb. if u know about sounds and instruments u know they all basicly sound the same and the only diff is playing styles like pizacato and decato or w/e. u can eq / filter / add effects/ layer and THATS what makes them diff. all vsts are the same in sound at their core and same with racks and workstations. find somthing that matches ur creative eb and flow and learn a lil about sound desgine. like for instance.

take the same boring avoustic guitar. layer it 2x with the same one so u have 2 of the same acoustic. on one use a lil bit of LO FI filter the other a lil HI FI filter. now use an eq and add some trebile and take a weak kick thats hi pitched (for a kick) and has as less base ass possible. tune it as hi as it will go and add trebil to it. when u play somthing on the new acoustic copy that pattern and paste it into ur kick sequance and make it hit the same note so e e e e e instead of e a b c and ull get a nice rich sound with plucking.

Meech_young said:

I got u even better than that: "Instead of makin this
thread longer than it have to be, I say we battle! me and hi-res (use'n reason of course) against ne1 who say reason is wack and sound terrible. ima show u
that all ur keyboards aint good for nuthin but hidin' behind. put ya money where ya mouth is and we will
SEE what can and caint be done playboy!

I wouldn't mind seeing this. Who gonna step up to the plate.

JimbaFrosty said:
if u havea triton then all the **** in their plus some sound expantion chips and another synth and thats all u need. only stupid ppl have a T an F and a M. why? cos ur getting basicly the same ass sounds that are only tweaked and thats dumb.
So Scott Storch, Lil Jon, R Kelly, and any other producer with more than 3 Keyboards/Sound Modules is an idiot? Ha ha. Last time I checked, they were Grammy Award winning producers, not you.

:rolleyes:

They make around 100,000$ a track. How much do you make per track......yeah that's right!

;)
P.S...

They may be "dumb"...but you my little red-headed bastard child, are the DUMBASS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
how old ru? i didnt sya haveing more then 1 rack is dumb im saying that haveing the big 3 is yes. they are not sound desginers so they mostly go off of presets. thats how it is. u dont think i dont know **** about the music industry or anything? why are ur fellings hurt over the net? thats pretty sad duke as i was stating a thouhgt. put ur traing bra back on cos ur crying to much

JSLmusic said:

I wouldn't mind seeing this. Who gonna step up to the plate.

They dont want any fam! these cats on here run they mouth but when its time to step up they hide under rocks. these cats is muffins B. Real Talk.

i`ve realized that a lot of Scott storch and latelly Dr.dre beats have layered sounds... for example they play the same melody with flute and harp/celtic sounds and some strings (most of this **** is from MOTIF or TRITON) **** layering insruments latelly is the key to creating those "how we do" sounding beats.. and it creates that scott storch sound..

As far as reason goes.. You can do ALMOST ANYTHING in it. Enuff said.

Now..

D4L they suck. They use FL and on top of that, they use one sound.. Which is either the DEFAULT WASP sound OR this sample of the bangin beats sample disc. I remade this beat to show a gurl how much talent they really have or really dont have.

Scott storch uses a motif es. He plays his strings and uses a pitchbend wheel. That dude is amazing.and self taught.

anyone know that crazy **** at the intro of the song "the documentary"?? im thinkin maybe a type of guitar..anyone know what it is?

lpforsythe8 said:
anyone know that crazy **** at the intro of the song "the documentary"?? im thinkin maybe a type of guitar..anyone know what it is?
I'm gonna have to listen to the song but I think it might be a clavinet that your talkin about. Or the harpsicord.

Last edited:
Back