Quick question about where to put my upright piano

mwandishi

Okay, so I got a deal on a nice upright piano and I'm trying to figure out the best place to put it to optimize space while not messing up the sound treatment I have in my studio (old pic below). I"m thinking bout 2 options: (a) put it in the corner directly in front of the trap with width of the piano touching the sides, or (b) put it against the wall where the absorber on the right is. I thinking the corner would be better because piano would not be in a direct reflection point when I'm mixing. Thoughts?
edit- i tried to delete the duplicate pic, but couldn't.

Attachments

• IMG_0662.png
    IMG_0662.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0662_.png
    IMG_0662_.png
    162.2 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
i would also say stick it in the corner. though this could also be a perfect time to rearange all the things in your room ;)

Okay so i got the piano and its a monster (yamaha u3), taking up more space than I originally thought. So the problem now is that it took up the space where I had my absorber on the right. I gonna have to make some adjustments with treatment. Should I just get some acoustic blanket (like thishttp://www.vocalboothtogo.com/acoustic-and-soundproofing-products-vocal-booths/acoustic-%28sound%29-blankets-for-sound-absorption---producer%E2%80%99s-choice/large-sound-blankets-producers-choice-w-grommets.black-white/8-27#ja-pathway) and hang it up when I'm mixing or try to make some mobile stands and place them to my right when mixing? I'll probably try to make some type of cloud bass trap because the piano basically ruining the angle of my trap.
IMG_0805.pngIMG_0803.pngIMG_0806.png

Last edited:
Back