Question: house VS trance?....

CyciumX

babbl'in suckah fooz
....as i've only been into the scene (read: downloading Mary Poppins VS Eminem on napster) for 3 years I gotta ask....for some of you house headz I have seen and witnessed many totally dissing trance....I just want to know why? although it is funny to add a trancey acid synth to Armand Van Helden while he spits out lines like "...trance, all that sh*t can't enhance the way you dance...."....seriously though....what makes so many house heads dispise trance? Just curious-peace

hehe problems with your eyes? ah yeah sorry, too much E I s'pose.... *ooops*

aight then....

....nevermind the fact im comically blind....we all got different tastes, but what draws you to d&b then say said house and trance? or anything else for that matter?

hey dude I was just playing with a common stereotype of your scene, sorry, was meant to be *funny*

why I listen to dnb? polyrhythmic beat patterns, phat basslines, no attitude (you can dance like you want, you can wear what you want, you don't have to take any drug to be "part of it", no one cares, it's a good vibe...)

I mean, when you hear "here comes da bass" in a trance track I can only laugh my *** off, man you bois got such a wussie bass... and "listen to da beat", BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM, ehh boring...

Drum and Bass is EVIL....

....it was invented by corporations to blow out car speakers so you have to buy new ones....thats what happened to me and now im a full time conspirasist

hahahaha yeah, it was invented by the subwoofer industry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like both trance and house. I've only heard one DnB track I really liked. (Endorphine - Aqualite Vs. Xylon - Funny track)
Hmmm. Wuzzy bass? What kind of trance have you heard?

I know the beat is very repetitious in trance, but seriously, it gets me going ten times more than DnB. I think DnB is boring.
Trance makes me dance all nigth long, (without drugs or alcohol!). It gives me more energy than anything else in this world.

But... it's all a matter of taste, right?

Intelligent music is all you need, be it jungle, german industrial death techno, Beethoven.... look at Carl Cox - spinning hard, dark techno at his residency but crossing all genres with his comps and filling them with classic house/trance/techno... hoo-ahhhh!!! I luurrveee it! Muuussssiiccccccccc.......let's dance like crazy people until our ears are bleeding

its all good....

....i'm personally one of those arseholes that "likes" everything and in true cliche fashion I don't really like Country, but heh....whatever its all good....maybe it goes with my territory....I don't really go clubbing or raves and I spend a lot of time in my car (56 thousand miles and its a 99' Altima)....so when im listening to stuff I don't have dance in in mind....just energy-peace

Cycium X:

>>I don't really like Country<<

Oh no! What about Neil Young, Gram Parsons, Paul Simon (well, his debut solo album at least), etc.

ha ha ha....

....aight....I said I don't like country cuz I was inmitating the countless people that always say they like everything and then go on and say "BUT"....fact of the matter is I like most genres and I can tolerate anything....I do particularly like Willy Nelson's Milk Cow Blues....but thats not really country.....peace

I LURRRV BOTH,
However i can take more trance repetitively than House, and i love the harder house, (ie HardHouse).

I'd have to say TRANCE, over house, but on a photo-finish

once i got over my death rocker stage I got into trance, but now i'm into house and i dont like trance anymore. mainly because it seems so tired. the trance that comes out now doesn't sound much different than the trance that came out 10 years ago. and a party playing trance all night gets really boring and repetitious after an hour or so. trance is one of those type of music that has particularly distinct sounds to it. just like drum and bass and speed garage. there are certain signature sounds and basslines that label those types of music. House not only has its own distinct sounds but it incorporates other genres such as trance, breakbeat, and techno into its sound creating a huge variety of different sounding house while still keeping its house quality. i'm starting to confuse myself with this so its best that i stop here. anyway- for what its worth, thats my opinion

your opninion is onyl worth $0.02....

...., but then again so is mine....ha ha ha....ya know I've listened to a lot of stuff (lie) and yes I know what you mean by distinct sounds....but thats a part of music in general....obviously something like jazz has its own distinct sounds (you know....the sound of jazz instruments....whaever those are) (ha)....and he same goes for trance and house and the like, but....thats the goal atleast its my goal....I try no to sound like what people have heard before, but I still try to give tha distinction....once in awhile....if there wasn't any distinction at all then we would not have music in the first place....andits okay to "move on" whayevr the case may be if you dont like something you dont like something, but try to remember....it is something-peace

dont know....

....you mean the emoticons? I never use them (except in my subject field) but if I do use them I just type them out....like this

:B.... <--small eyed, bucktoothed drooling retard

;% <--me after I wake up in a dumpster

*$ <--my one eyed friends after I knock him out

=@ <--me when I drink some Red Bull and Vodka with salt

and so on and so forth....ha ha ha

Back