Professional Studio

Hi all,
I'm starting up a non profit organization called THORO Productions, where it will provide free recording studio services to all aspiring artists in exchange for recording a meaningful/inspiring song with a positive message.

I'm asking for input on what are the essential equipment that I will need for a professional studio? any help is greatly appreciated!

for more information on the non profit, check out THORO Productions - The Hate Only Ruins Others

Some background questions

Do you have a set of rooms to do this in or are you doing it an office or room at your home?

Do you expect to do every phase of the project from creation to tracking to mixing to mastering in the facility you intend to set up?

these are serious questions that will allow us to target our answers to your specific needs beyond "I want to make a professional studio" which can mean so many things to so many people

Some background questions

Do you have a set of rooms to do this in or are you doing it an office or room at your home?

Do you expect to do every phase of the project from creation to tracking to mixing to mastering in the facility you intend to set up?

these are serious questions that will allow us to target our answers to your specific needs beyond "I want to make a professional studio" which can mean so many things to so many people
Mixing, Mastering the whole 9, but only the essential equipment

it will be in a retail space including a soundproof booth

i need to figure out the financials, a budget, etc, as I am starting up a non profit organization that will be offering free recording studio services..

another important question:

do you intend to capture only vocalists in live recording or other instruments as well? if other instruments, which ones? make this list as broad as possible....

another important question:

do you intend to capture only vocalists in live recording or other instruments as well? if other instruments, which ones? make this list as broad as possible....

For now, just vocalists, but eventually would upgrade to allow for instruments such as drums, string instruments, maybe brass as well

Back