Producers and wack rappers on your beats!

lol Desire you know there's 6 other continents from which people come from. I am from the massive one where black people originated from... I'm only studying in Aus

So you've been in the stu for hours cooking up something lovely. Put it up for sale only to have the wackest of the wack rap on it. I've always wondered how producers feel about that. Are you like "whatever as long as i'm getting money", or upset? I don't care if i'm leasing or buying exclusive I try and rap my hardest on the beat or stay within the producers concept. Thoughts? www.vickbenoit.com https://soundcloud.com/vick_benoit https://twitter.com/Vick_Benoit

Sometimes it can be frustrating but every now and then an artist will send me back some straight fire, then, at that point, it all makes sense...

I don't work with wack artists get real.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

I just don't want folks making slut music to my instrumentals

slut music=music where the artists prostitutes their talents to the world

I target christian artists,those using their talents for the edification of the Body of Christ

target your music to artists that you believe in

but if you're doing blind leasing don't worry about it at all
let it ride

and

just post up songs that sound good
to show off your beats with lyrics on it(satisfied customer reel)

but other thing to look into is licensing for film,tv

this way you may end up on a "girly" tv show but who cares about that nothing wrong with that

you crack me up duuuude.

i agree if you are in a business of selling beats sell them... the producer who made it aren't picky to who they were with because now a days rappers can just go somewhere else and get another beat. but if you are that mad about what rappers are on your song make sure the beat only target a certain hip hop genre. 'cause if you make trap beat soon or later your going to come across a soulja boy or a cheif keif or however you spell his name.
So, far i have no problem with my target audience cause i target the fabolous, and jadakiss type of artist.

Back