Producers and wack rappers on your beats!

V

Vick_benoit

So you've been in the stu for hours cooking up something lovely. Put it up for sale only to have the wackest of the wack rap on it. I've always wondered how producers feel about that. Are you like "whatever as long as i'm getting money", or upset? I don't care if i'm leasing or buying exclusive I try and rap my hardest on the beat or stay within the producers concept. Thoughts? www.vickbenoit.com https://soundcloud.com/vick_benoit https://twitter.com/Vick_Benoit

So you've been in the stu for hours cooking up something lovely. Put it up for sale only to have the wackest of the wack rap on it. I've always wondered how producers feel about that. Are you like "whatever as long as i'm getting money", or upset? I don't care if i'm leasing or buying exclusive I try and rap my hardest on the beat or stay within the producers concept. Thoughts?

If a wack rapper is on your song, you are a wack producer. Plain and simple. Good beats attract top talent.

Last edited:
It's like a double edge sword. You want good beats out there to attract clients, but at the same time you don't want MC Wack ass spitting on your tracks.

If a wack rapper is on your song, you are a wack producer. Plain and simple. Good beats attract top talent.

lol that makes no sense. It's like saying Rolls Royce's only attract great people because good cars attract good people. Dopeness attracts everyone, wackness not so much. But really, hate to be 'that' guy but your point defies logic.

In my experience there's just a million more wack rappers. They beat out even decent ones by like 10 to 1. I stopped selling my beats unless I find someone with real potential

I've seen dudes make a separate list just for the soulja boys and a list for better rappers lol.

I have this exact same problem. I have some fire beats that can attract talent, but most of the dudes that buy them are wack. They ruin my beats and it pisses me off a little bit. But like Slyk said, they over-saturate the market 10:1 if not more. I guess its up to the producer to find the right talent for his beats. Something I and alot of us need to work on.

I've gotten the O.K to do whatever I want with all of the freestyle sessions and old lost material of a few rappers and singers I worked with. The beats I've sold online? Hell.....I've never been in contact, known their names, or even heard the song they finished. All I know is that I got an email saying that a beat was sold. I blew the money the moments I made a sell. The money I made with dealling with people in the flesh.....was spent a little wiser.

I really don't see a problem at all if a person is actually running a "beat selling business". They shouldn't have a problem because that is their main reason for selling beats...is to make money. So they should love having suckas visit their site and go "that beat hard...I need that".

I just don't want folks making slut music to my instrumentals

slut music=music where the artists prostitutes their talents to the world

I target christian artists,those using their talents for the edification of the Body of Christ

target your music to artists that you believe in

but if you're doing blind leasing don't worry about it at all
let it ride

and

just post up songs that sound good
to show off your beats with lyrics on it(satisfied customer reel)

but other thing to look into is licensing for film,tv

this way you may end up on a "girly" tv show but who cares about that nothing wrong with that

-Coach Antonio

I don't get this. Just don't sell to wack rappers. Problem solved. Amazed this is even a problem.

it's not a problem
nike sells to everyone ..no matter if they weight 600 pounds or an active runner
they are out to sell
so a producer must chose
1.to sell to everyone
2.target your sells

-Coach Antonio

it's not a problem
nike sells to everyone ..no matter if they weight 600 pounds or an active runner
they are out to sell
so a producer must chose
1.to sell to everyone
2.target your sells

-Coach Antonio

Yeah but Nike doesn't care if some fatass wears there shoes. This thread is saying how wack rappers on your beat can be a problem and the OP said its pisses him off. I'm saying don't sell to them then. I rather sell to ten good rappers than 100wack ones because it reflects better on me.

Yeah but Nike doesn't care if some fatass wears there shoes. This thread is saying how wack rappers on your beat can be a problem and the OP said its pisses him off. I'm saying don't sell to them then. I rather sell to ten good rappers than 100wack ones because it reflects better on me.

a producer must chose
1.to sell to everyone
2.target your sells

period
the OP must have been blindly leasing his instrumentals

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
You stopped selling beats because no one bought them. Keep it real.

haha nigga please. I'm in Australia, if I wanted to sell hip-hop beats here it's easy. Just not much talent. Don't be a little ***** hommie. Niggas always hating!! When they ain't got nothing to show for themselves

Well to those who say that there beats are worth it, stop investing your time in the 'wack' artist market. Switch the policy of beat sales to cater to the better artists. Sure there's sacrifices but if you want to play with the big dogs you've got to jump off the porch.

Hasn't there already been some discussions about this regarding networking, branding and all?

I want the sluts.

most do so I don't understand this wack vs. good rappers
if you're out to sell beats
sell them
most artists won't give you credit anyway or do much with your beat
and if they do get a hit...
it's a hit with your beat no matter if you don't like the song or not
I don't like Boy George
but plenty of ppl did like him
Boy George=wack to me
to other he's a good artist

-Coach Antonio