Problem with Cubase

JTwoFaced

Hi everyone. I posted this question in an open thread, but they told me to open another one so here it is...
I have a problem with cubase, so if anyone would know the answer to my question i'd certainly appreciate it...
I'm working on a song right now and it originally came from fruity loops (i composed the idea and exported the WAVs to import them in cubase). Everything works as it should except for the bass...cubase seems to generate some really annoying noises once i import the wav, but winamp plays it without any problems...i can't get rid of it no matter how much i filter, equalize it, nothing...any ideas?
Thanks for any help.

audio example would be good - the noise could be anything - so hearing it at our end (post a link to the wav not an mp3) will help us help you.

do an individual trackout in cubase so that the noise you hear is included and also link to the original wav so that we can hear the unadulterated sound.

Last edited:
it shall be done during the day...thanks man

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

druga.org/~raz04a/Bass glitch.rar

Here is the .rar of the two basses...the fruity loops bass is an export from fruity loops, the other one is the export from cubase...no effects whatsoever have been applied to the track in cubase but simply imported and exported...as i mentioned before, filtering the track accomplishes nothing but a drop in volume...

p.s. add the www, i couldn't post a link, too few posts :)

Last edited:
Can you double check your link? I added the www. and removed the space between bass & glitch, removed the ~, and other combinations, and nothing worked.

Thanks Krushing, that worked.

OP, these both sound the same to me. The only difference is that the Cubase file is playing faster than the other. They are the same pitch so it's not a sample rate problem. But neither sounds worse than the other as far as sonic quality goes. I'm not sure what the "annoying noise" is supposed to be but if it's on one then it's on both since they both sound the same.

Cubase can dynamically alter the tempo of wave files. It has an extremely powerful and flexible audio engine. The problem is that this is not always wanted.

Here are a few things you can do.

1. When you go to file, export, in FL and you get to the dialog box after you choose a name and location for your file: the lower-right "options" section has a "save acidized" option. Uncheck this option. Saving a file "acidized" allows easier manipulation of tempo in Acid, and in other DAW's. However, you don't want it for this case. You should generally be safe leaving the option on, but when in doubt, uncheck it.

2. On the Cubase transport (the hovering section, usually at the bottom that has play, stop, record, etc...): Disable the "tempo track" feature. When you disable it, it reads "tempo fixed". Tempo tracks allows you to dynamically change tempo throughout the song. I don't know if this affects audio files since I rarely use it, but it's possible. Due to the flexibility in the Cubase engine, I would think it affects audio files also.

3. Select a track in the main project view in Cubase. On the left, you will see "m" "s" for mute and solo, respectively. After that, there is an "R" for read enable, and you want the icon right under that one. If yours has the picture of a clock, click it so that it turns into an orange'ish musical note. This changes the track from musical, to linear. Linear tracks will play just as they are. Musical tracks have the option of changing dynamically based on the tempo.

4. If none of those options work, then this will work 100% for sure. Double click on the audio clip of your bass. This will open up the "sample editor" and you will see a bigger version of the wave file. If you see an orange musical note on the top of the sample editor, click that so that it becomes gray. This will disable "audio warp" at the track level.

5. The much easier option is to disable the tempo track so that it becomes a fixed track, and just set your correct tempo as you had it in the FL project. This should work without having to do any of the above steps. However, because I get projects from different people, I usually do not use this option since it can cause me to screw things up since I don't have the tempo to tracks because I usually don't need them so it can cause me to send projects back at incorrect speeds.

Steps 1-3 you usually want to do BEFORE importing your wave. If you forget, and/or you've already loaded your wave file, then #4 will work though you may

sleepy, if you ever create a religion, i'll be your follower immediately - the audio warp thingy just made my day :)
thanks a bunch man :) although you didn't really do yourself a favor cause now you won't get me of your back when things go south again :P joke :)

thanks again :)

No problem, glad that answered the issue. Going to move this to the appropriate forum now. I'm sure there was more to my post but maybe I forgot to submit change whe nI edited. Either way, as long as the issue is solved.

Back