Post pictures of your studio!

• Thread starter josheldominicano
  • Start date
IMG_1059-1.jpg

Nice neat setup you have.

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Nice neat setup you have.

Mine says 303, is it only half as good?

Obviously this would justify the acquisition of its silver brother as well, but they're so stupidly expensive nowadays that I guess I'll have to settle for a clone - I'm pretty settled on the Acidlab Bassline3. Nothing quite like the real thing, but I'm no purist in this matter. Any thoughts on this or the other clones? I've heard a lot of positive things about the Bassline from real acid purists - including those that think the x0xb0x "has nothing to do with a 303".

Xabiton said:
I am jealous of that 606. What made you get a hardware one rather than a software emulation?

The interface; the fact that it's both limiting and inspiring at the same time, and of course samples don't really convey the interplay between the sounds when you sum everything to the same single output. And of course, this lil' bastard runs on batteries so I can just take it to the park in the summer and blast it through a ghettoblaster :)

A software emulation would be easier to integrate (not to mention cheaper) in many ways, but I simply find it infinitely more inspiring to have a dedicated box & controls. If that makes me do more music, it's well worth it.

Also, street cred :D

Obviously this would justify the acquisition of its silver brother as well, but they're so stupidly expensive nowadays that I guess I'll have to settle for a clone - I'm pretty settled on the Acidlab Bassline3. Nothing quite like the real thing, but I'm no purist in this matter. Any thoughts on this or the other clones? I've heard a lot of positive things about the Bassline from real acid purists - including those that think the x0xb0x "has nothing to do with a 303".
If you want to compare the sounds of different clones then this site Roland TB 303 Clones Test - Best VST Emulator is a good place to start.

From what I hear the main issue with the x0xb0x is that the sound can vary depending on who built it.

The interface; the fact that it's both limiting and inspiring at the same time, and of course samples don't really convey the interplay between the sounds when you sum everything to the same single output. And of course, this lil' bastard runs on batteries so I can just take it to the park in the summer and blast it through a ghettoblaster :)

A software emulation would be easier to integrate (not to mention cheaper) in many ways, but I simply find it infinitely more inspiring to have a dedicated box & controls. If that makes me do more music, it's well worth it.

Also, street cred :D
good point. Speaking of emulations what are some good cheap or even free drum synths out there. I was thinking about buying Nefhaton or Spark VDM but I know there has to be a good free one out there.
We need an emoticon that bows in respect, lol.

can someone just convert this to emoticon
notworthy.jpg

Back