Possible Dedicated Administrator Feedback Providers

II Option

Plain and simple, I rarely post any of my stuff on here in the feedback section because:

1. its so flooded by people who just want traffic
2. there are so many people who are in no position to be giving feedback..lol
^I know this sounds bad, but anyone in this forum who has made moves IRL and makes quality stuff, will DEFINITELY feel what i'm saying.

Proposal: Some of the 'staff' or 'administrators' in/of this forum be dedicated to the feedback section.

For example, if I made a sampled hip hop beat, I'd wanna see what Ronnie Creed or Gilson thought of it. Not 'heatblastermaker111' thinks about it when he just pirated reason a few weeks ago.

This would be nice and would keep me, and i'm sure other more serious producers, using this forum and recommending it much more.

I don't understand what you're proposing. You want several moderators to dedicate themselves to 1 forum and dictate who can and cannot respond to threads? And to be honest, anyone who has made moves is probably not asking for feedback on FP.

I kind agree with that but...

If you're that hell of a producer, and you only want pro opinions you wouldn't be asking for opinion here like "sleepy" said.
Then, opinion is not only influenced by your talent. Sure that being good and EXPERIENCED, let's you know how hard or easy is to do something and how professional that stuff is, BUT, I've been composing for 5 months now and let me tell you that I have better ears and better musical taste than many musicians out there, or here. With that being said, I want you to remember that you don't even need to know music to have a good taste, to have rhytmic sense, good ears ,etc... sure those things are trained but they come naturally.

Besides you should respect everybody's opinion, since it's their opinion, the common people opinion, that counts when talking about the general public, the big crowds, and when talking about selling your stuff to them.
Dr.Dre, Eminem, Kanye West, Drake, Timbaland...the could all thell me that I'm great and help me to be pro, but if everybody else didn't like it I wouldn't sell. And many opinions will give you ideas that single opinions won't.

Though, I know that many people here obviously just give feedback to get their stuff heard, sometimes they might no even listen to the song... and that's the sad part, and the reason why I support a similiar activity, altought forcing the admins to hear your stuff is... well...

This site isn't the common people. This site is people who are trying to make music. There's a big difference, and the feedback section is not designed to be feedback from the common people. So basically, your point is emphasizing my point--which is that, the feedback section FAILS TO DO WHAT IT AIMS TO: which is to provide producers with feedback from more experienced producers.

Any argument about the feedback section being about respecting EVERYONE'S opinion, etc, is just reducing the power and utility of that section and this forum as a whole.

There are so many factors that go into people liking what they hear-Kanye can put out a half decent track and people go bananas because of his credibility and all of the other psychological cues surrounding his music that cue people in on it being awesome. This is 101.

So I agree that the feedback section is full of regular people, lol, but why oppose what I'm saying and continue for this to be the case? There are way easier and more effective methods of getting your music out to people without trained ears, and who aren't trained in production techniques.

The feedback section is about receiving feedback from producers who can help you get where you want to get. Not ppl who can tell u whether they think ur ish is hawt or not. Then tell you to "make the drums louder' LOL!!!

"You want several moderators to dedicate themselves to 1 forum and dictate who can and cannot respond to threads?"
No. Reread please. lol.

Dedicated established producers who can offer their experienced advice on tracks. Other people can respond too, but like I said, what the hell is the point of posting your music in a feedback section when you're getting advice from someone who bought reason a few days ago? That's what facebook, djing in a club, etc other times of advertising is for lol. Unless you guys WANT the feedback section to be from average joes instead of producers who you could learn a thing or two from??

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

"If you're that hell of a producer, and you only want pro opinions you wouldn't be asking for opinion here like "sleepy" said."

Isn't "producers helping producers" somewhere in the mission statement of this site? Why do I want feedback from producers about my music when theirs blows? It's simple math, lol.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Yeah of course if I were that established of a producer, then I wouldn't be here. But I'm here to use this forum as a vehicle for getting there.

AREN'T WE ALL?

So that's why it would be nice to be receiving feedback from producers who can help me. Not from average people...like I said, I would go elsewhere for that

This forum isn't here as a vehicle for you, its a place for people of all skill level to share information and experience. Everyone is entitled to any opinion, if you don't like that I suggest you start your own site where you can become the Kim Jong Il of the internet.

"its a place for people of all skill level to share information and experience." For the heck of it, or to help each other improve? lol fool smh. You make a moot point, and with such audacity. Your defensiveness is so misdirected and ill founded that i don't even know what else to say.

"Everyone is entitled to any opinion." Point me to where I contradicted this.

I'm saying it would be nice if more people with larger skill sets, rather than so many beginners and people wanting traffic, frequented the feedback section. And buffoons like you get offended by this statement. LOL!!
(not directed to previous posters)

Last edited:
What I've gained from this topic was a new word: Buffon. I keep learning new stuff daily ^^

Now back on topic, I agree with you, when I want to be pro at something I don't need regular random ideas like that what you said in that ironic statement "make the drums louder". They actually say that which won't be enough for many people. But it's chill to hear everyone, sometimes less experienced people can learn with you and still help you! I have no knowledge on music production, on technical stuff, or even experience on music, but I know what a song needs! I listen to a lot of music I know stuff from the 60's till today, and by stuff I mean hundreds of stuff of each decade, and I'm young!

People liking your beats and giving attention is already cool.
Extra note: Don't mess with KANYE, he is a genius :O (but I get what you mean).

Sure, there could be what you said, but it would be more logic to ask for senior members to dedicate more time with helping than to trolling or to only other sub forums. But we can't satisfy everybody's wishs and wills so...

I get your point. But the people that ARE suited to provide feedback don't have the time to reply to everyone. I'm not a super great ultimate sound engineer, but even I don't have the time to listen to the "how's my mix?" threads and I moderate that forum. (then I move them to the feedback forum :D)

It would be amazing to have a few established producers to give feedback to everyone but we don't have that and if we did, they don't have the time. And trust me, the people that are making huge moves don't usually tell people about it and they don't want to be known. People DO get great responses from established figures and they don't even know it.

If you said you were Timbaland and someone verified this, your inbox would be flooded in a day.

I do think you're right in that that forum needs some changes. But it'd be nice to hear about changes that we can implement right away and without outside help. Realistic ideas that we can pull off with the current community.

word I feel both of you. You both make good points.

I'm glad to see that other people are on the same page as me about the feedback section being a little off course of what it should/could be.

Really, that problem is all I want to point out. I know my solution isn't so efficient, but I'm glad we brought attention to the topic.

And it still baffles me when fools get offended by suggestions ^^^

one

50_cent_bertstare_gif.gif

subforums- sampled beats and composed beats thats my suggestion .. FEEDBACK section

a section or catergorie
FEEDBACK SECTION

1 .sampled music

2. composed music

if any of the moderator would incorporate the suggestion in the manner like the split the feedback forum into subforums like you guys did the hardware/daws it would be the best idea you could bless us artists with ..

cause of the lack of organization from junars its hard to give feedback on what im interested inn and others for that matter ,ya feel..

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/hardware-software/software/

Last edited:
So, we can all agree that the feedback section is a huge mess. To go off post right above me, maybe we can set some rules for the forum. So if we want to be able to see what's what, people can add a tag (manually) to their posts. For example:

[sampled hip hop] check out this track I just made
[R&B] Worked with a new singer - looking for feedback
[Electronica] Experimenting with something new (title ******)

And if everyone is okay, we can close or remove threads that are not properly tagged.

etc...

At least that can help us organize the forum a little more. Maybe restricting who can post new threads? So maybe if we have a minimum of 100 posts to be able to post a new thread in that forum. Though honestly, I don't know if that's possible. And it's also not up to me to make the final call; but we can definitely start some good, constructive dialog to get that forum in better shape.

We need practical ideas, like the ones I brought up. I'm not proposing these changes, but if enough people seem to be for a certain change, then we can see if it'd be possible to implement things. We don't want to exclude most of the users, what we want to do is, find out how we can include everyone, or mostly everyone, in a way that is productive.

"its a place for people of all skill level to share information and experience." For the heck of it, or to help each other improve? lol fool smh. You make a moot point, and with such audacity. Your defensiveness is so misdirected and ill founded that i don't even know what else to say.

"Everyone is entitled to any opinion." Point me to where I contradicted this.

I'm saying it would be nice if more people with larger skill sets, rather than so many beginners and people wanting traffic, frequented the feedback section. And buffoons like you get offended by this statement. LOL!!
(not directed to previous posters)

Clowns and such are part of an honourable profession that sits alongside that of the professional musician, in fact at one point in time if you were a professional musician you were also a professional clown/buffoon and travelling newsman so now that insults have been clarified on to some constructive statements.

I do not frequent the feedback section simply because it would occupy my entire life - if I offer one piece of great feedback I will be deluged with PMs and visitor messages from every other beginner wanting similar quality feedback on their "great tune", which in most cases would be undeserved. Better for me to stay out of it and provide the information and advice that I do in recording, composition, theory and acoustics with the odd hardware and software advice.

FP, like so many other sites, has become a pimp-my-tune site and a lot of traffic is about people wanting to be noticed. that's fine but I have enough to do in my life without nurturing every beginner that comes along.

(yes I know I sound like a rick with a silent P, but I truly cannot be bothered listening to yet another kanye or emimem or dre or drake wannabe)

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

So, we can all agree that the feedback section is a huge mess. To go off post right above me, maybe we can set some rules for the forum. So if we want to be able to see what's what, people can add a tag (manually) to their posts. For example:

[sampled hip hop] check out this track I just made
[R&B] Worked with a new singer - looking for feedback
[Electronica] Experimenting with something new (title ******)

And if everyone is okay, we can close or remove threads that are not properly tagged.

etc...

This can be done manually. You can also make a few mods to the vBulletin code to allow those sorts of tags to be added from a drop-down menu. It would be selected and pre-pended to the title. Personally I used to go one step further and put a style tag and and member name tag when I was posting material for feedback on another nameless forum that also uses vBulletin, e.g [glitch][bandcoach], which tells people so much more than any title can

At least that can help us organize the forum a little more. Maybe restricting who can post new threads? So maybe if we have a minimum of 100 posts to be able to post a new thread in that forum. Though honestly, I don't know if that's possible. And it's also not up to me to make the final call; but we can definitely start some good, constructive dialog to get that forum in better shape.

There are no obstacles in vBulletin to setting up something like a minimum 100 post count for anyone.

In fact you can set up a logic based rule that requires 100 posts only in the feedback section to post a new thread in the feedback section.

You can then go further and create logic based rules that examine how many threads the poster has made, how many feedback posts have been made in threads other than their own and apply a sliding scale so that:
  • 2nd thread requires 50 posts,
  • 3rd requires 20 posts,
  • 4th and subsequent requires 10 posts

So to get to a point where you can post your 5th tune you would need to have made 200 feedback posts unrelated to your own threads.

This reinforces the need to contribute feed for feed whilst rewarding those who are being proactive with lower limits to continue having their music assessed/critiqued/rubbished/what-have-you.

There will always be those opposed to the concept of limiting when people can post because it sucks, just like the 20 post limit to include links, but that becomes one of education and information not denial or suck it up responses.

We need practical ideas, like the ones I brought up. I'm not proposing these changes, but if enough people seem to be for a certain change, then we can see if it'd be possible to implement things. We don't want to exclude most of the users, what we want to do is, find out how we can include everyone, or mostly everyone, in a way that is productive.

Tagging is great. Sub-forums for genres might also be a better option in that you separate out wheat and chaff for individuals instead of scanning through one larger meta-thread - of course that is what the search function is for. It is easy enough to set up several standard searches that return all the posts in a thread with the required tags that have been added since your last visit.

Clowns and such are part of an honourable profession that sits alongside that of the professional musician, in fact at one point in time if you were a professional musician you were also a professional clown/buffoon and travelling newsman so now that insults have been clarified on to some constructive statements.

What a petty and irrelevant clarification, lol. Clearly the reference is commonplace, as calling someone a clown implies that they are acting like a clown-a comedic character. The reference in no way disrespects the actual person, but refers to the character the person is playing.

Since your clarification was petty, irrelevant, useless, and a miserably foisted display of wit, I find it hard to read the rest of your post, now that you yourself are acting like a clown.

But I still did.

I do not frequent the feedback section simply because it would occupy my entire life - if I offer one piece of great feedback I will be deluged with PMs and visitor messages from every other beginner wanting similar quality feedback on their "great tune", which in most cases would be undeserved. Better for me to stay out of it and provide the information and advice that I do in recording, composition, theory and acoustics with the odd hardware and software advice.

I agree..but the reason that you would be deluged with PMs, etc, is because of the way the feedback section currently is.

I like the idea of post counts as a qualifier for posting in that section, but that's not going to really limit the spam and traffic hording. What really is, and I really commend the idea, is the scaling system for creating subsequent feedback threads beyond their first. That is a good idea, and definitely at least moves toward a solution from the problem that we all agree on here.

cheers.gif

Back