Oversaturation - Hip Hop Music

I like Deitrick Haddon. And I like the song you posted.

But the rapper? Not feeling him. Sorry. Personal taste. I could support him if I knew him. But he is only good for a 1/3 of a listen with me. Not that he is not "talented"....just not my taste in a "rapper".
But yeah man...about to buy me some Deitrick Haddon in a minute.

Last edited:
^^^^When I was teen, friends of mind from the Chi used to be on it. And when their family would come in to town it would really be on. I mean all day, all night footworkin, perculatin, pressure cookin...14 hours a day until they went back to the Chi. They felt like fam to me.

That's the point I was making, though. People say we just old, act like we don't know what we talking about. It takes the media to get a hold to it for them to realize....THEN...they want a piece of the pie. It's much more than just music and beats.....so when you don't have the full extent of the culture surrounding you....you only see what others see....a profit to be made. Back when I was young, it seem like every city I went to had their own thing....they own slang. That's how I related to the locals. Tell them my slang, they tell me theirs....and we both are fascinated. Then it's much love. They dance this way and party this way....on and on. THAT IS WHAT MADE HIP HOP GREAT!

I would have more respect for Kanye reaching out to Chi Town culture instead of appearing to Shawty Redd the game...feel me? I would rather some of the DJs there get some shine before somebody else do. Why I feel how I be feeling...because dudes don't actually see that, and don't care.....as long as it's opportunity for them.

Check out this major "cultural" event.....
http://www.sohh.com/2013/05/juicy_j_wont_do_three_6_mafia_reunion_fo.html

:bigeyes: That's how you do it right there. And he is going to get what he is asking for. And everybody eat......and maybe will eat again. That what a "culture" of music bring forth....not dudes biting what's hot.

One day yall gone listen to me.........just one day.

Last edited:
Check out this major "cultural" event.....
Juicy J Won't Do Three 6 Mafia Reunion For Less Than $15 Million: "We're Legends" | SOHH.COM

That's how you do it right there. And he is going to get what he is asking for. And everybody eat......and maybe will eat again. That what a "culture" of music bring forth....not dudes biting what's hot.

One day yall gone listen to me.........just one day.

That makes total sense....in theory.

But you know how things get in real life. One person or a small team needs to be in charge. Everybody is not going to put in the work to learn the game. The ones that do know how things work are always going to take a lion's share of the profits. Everybody else will complain, even though they are getting more than they would from their own efforts.

This is the point when the jealousy and pettiness takes over. It always happens when one person or a small group gets popular. People will not even fight for the money. They will fight about stuff like "he stole my swag" or "I put him up on the game" or "he aight, but I'm better than him" or "why come he getting all the hoes?" or some other stupid bullshit.

By the time the fake beef is resolved, the movement ain't popping off and everybody is back to being broke and dusty. Everybody does not want to eat. Most would rather be hot as shit for a month or two than really learn and be slightly above average for years and years.

That is the real game!

@ Rice, Hip Hop and EDM are not so mutually exclusive, I mean there has always been a lot of overlap, for example look at electro or Bass music which can fall into either category.

EDM is just as much a black thing as a white thing, that is to say that people can claim ownership of other peoples achievements based on their race if that's important to them, I never understood that shit, "we invented house music, we built the Pyramids"...."were you there?"......"No, but I am the same race as the guys that did all that shit, therefore their achievements are also my achievements"......same shit if you white...."We invented polka, we half built the Eiffel tower"......."No you didn't, some other white person did that shit, all you did was sit on the sofa eating chips while watching football."

@ Rice, Hip Hop and EDM are not so mutually exclusive, I mean there has always been a lot of overlap, for example look at electro or Bass music which can fall into either category.

EDM is just as much a black thing as a white thing, that is to say that people can claim ownership of other peoples achievements based on their race if that's important to them, I never understood that shit, "we invented house music, we built the Pyramids"...."were you there?"......"No, but I am the same race as the guys that did all that shit, therefore their achievements are also my achievements"......same shit if you white...."We invented polka, we half built the Eiffel tower"......."No you didn't, some other white person did that shit, all you did was sit on the sofa eating chips while watching football."

techno was "invented" by two black dudes in Detroit right????????

-Coach Antonio

True........

.................there is something missing in today's four to the floor stuff.......which is the reason I stand by saying "majority of black woman don't listen to it". Soul House.......Lounge........a different story...if they heard more of it or knew it exist.

There is no denying that blacks are very influential when it comes to music......then white people get a hold of it......and it's no fun no more. It's disgusting seeing white people doing the Carlton to what I like.....and singing with no soul.....BIITCH DON'T KILL MY VIBE!!! :cheers:

Can't forget this one...one of my favorite songs of all time

Good lawd!!!! Who doing it like that today? 2000 -? Adele? Fantasia? GaGa? Katy? Hell....let the fat ladies sing...and let the sex symbols lip sync.......forget what the people think.

Nope....not everybody can blow like that......you got to have a black box. Christina.....she got a black box...she don't count.

How dare yall let a true classic song like this go unheard....produced by a fellow FPer.....

Done man......I don't belong here.....yall bisexual....

Last edited:
My 2 cents

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

Oh yea and just in case you can't figure out what's going on:

Far from it. Elecro hip-hop artist Derek Smith’s latest song “Around the Block” has just been
released. I it is better than his previous songs and will it help
boost his album ‘A color map of the sun’ You can listen it here and decide for
yourself. :hmmm:

Hiphop is way to popular now, the term hiphop is looser than a cheap whore... its sad... but then an album like 'OC & Apollo Brown - Trophies' comes out and reminds me what hiphop really is!!

years in prison when they are finally proven innocent...and left with less than $500k.......where the rap songs at? Cops killing innocent young blacks on the regular....where the songs at? Where the hoodies at?

YOU ARE WHITE WASHED!!!!

Fuuck all yall rappers. Yall pussies to me....real talk.

We can't have our white daughters getting pimped and shaking their rumps in school by some nigger rapper pimp........no prom for non of yall.......Harlem Shake...well....that's different....it's innocent fun.
Shit Rice, you talk so much shit here, lol, but respect for that one.
Nailed it with that. You see the big change. It used to be about "real" things.

'White washed', maybe.
I think what really happened is the hip hop community got tricked into thinking hip hop is some "rock star" shit.
Tricked into thinking that it is a way to generate rock star revenue.
The labels saw it could make money, so they told everyone that thats what they should do with it.
The trick is that to make that money, most of the realness has to be taken out of it, and that most of that revenue goes in label pockets.

And anyone can still 'be real' in their bedroom and not touch all the bs if they want.
The problems is that so many people have been fooled into thinking that that shit isnt cool. That that isnt what hip hop/music is about.
They see dollar signs and fame, and thats all its about. Sell their souls for that. Realness out the window.

The revenue is dictating the genres...
Can kids now imagine that hip hop was made in the past when there was like zero money in the industry?
Now, shit is made because of the money alone.
How many dudes out there just make the tracks that sell?
No inspiration except a paycheck.

And I dont mind if the industry needs to trawl Nickelodeon for their next rap star, and if they sell records to teenagers, whatever.
But its pretty shit to go and find the real talented artists and screw them up with a contract..., which is what happens to half of em.

Of course on the other hand, when those talented kids are so lost that they are DYING to sign at a label, what then?

Label wins lol.

GTFO then?

not who cares about his opinion but who cares about oversaturation.

Like you can get oversaturated with apsolutely anything in life. It's up to you what you do with it.

Of coruse rappers will put out tons of music with how the internet works elsewise they would get run over by the comp. But in the end we don't have to listen to EVERYBODY remotely hot.

If you get oversaturated with music then do something else and come back and it should feel fresh again.

the problem i think that rap is experiencing is just the speed up of life, now with the internet you can get just about anything you want at the drop of a hat, and there is so many outlets for people to find indie artist that radios only real way to compete is to play songs that get them tons of listens over and over and over....

the hip hop songs that i listen to often are songs that i make an emotional connection with! Now that is something i will say is that i believe, artist need to actually think about what they are rapping to not just throwing stuff together hoping this will be the one that makes me jump off.

Far from it. Elecro hip-hop artist Derek Smith’s latest song “Around the Block” has just been
released. I it is better than his previous songs and will it help
boost his album ‘A color map of the sun’ You can listen it here and decide for
yourself. :hmmm:

They certainly have there own style of music. You listen to this song for two times in a row and it stays in your head all the time.

Back to the original topic at hand, one of the problems with hip-hop (this is not a cultural post, just a music post) being over-saturated is the fact that kids these days think they can download a beat from soundclick (not work with an actual producer on a personal level) for free, record some trash ass carbon-copy material in their bedrooms, over a beat with tags screaming out (no professionalism at all) and then promote themselves as "the next best thing" ... As an outsider looking into the genre, that shit just looks terrible.

To understand my opinion though, you do have to understand that I come from Des Moines, Iowa. My city has a population of about 500,000 with the surrounding suburbs totaling roughly 1M. To validate what goes on in my city, check this shit out...

This dude thinks he's the best emcee in the city and promotes himself that way.... (Note: Des Moines has never had an artist break into the industry, although we have had some successful modern day producers do so)

These dudes get slept on but are probably the dopest we have to offer....

anybody see the issue?

Get Industry sounding beats made by a Professional Producer Today. Exclusive beats for sale.Building a relationship with a producer who care's about their artist. In this day of age we understand the importance of having a to go producer. All of our hip hop instrumentals download our royalty free and can be used to sell up to 2,500 copies.. Our main goal here at cronicbeats.net is to give our clients industry ready sounding beats.

lol
Ironic you chose this thread for that first post.

How many producers do you have on your roster?

Back