Oversaturation - Hip Hop Music

BiggRome 2.0

Can you dig it ?
Is anything really special for that long any more?

There's just too much Hip Hop music that there is no way for a song to have longevity.

Radio runs new songs into the ground in two weeks... you can hear the song at will on Youtube... there are 500 remixes from beatmakers...

What - if anything - makes you like a song for more than a month?

Hip Hop is the drive thru of music. No restaurant.

Last edited:
It's the people's fault. They have no emotions. Their emotions are fake. They are emotionless. They jump up and ready to put on a hoody for Treyvon, but the rest get nothing but a like on facebook when they are killed by a cop. The same like they gave somebody for posting some punk ass rapper talking about money. And that's where the rapper's fault comes in. Instead of them doing what "we did" which was get out in them streets (where we at) and give people an atmosphere of what the hell is going on in our reality, they end up sounding the total opposite of what's going on as they rap about other's lives like it's their own. It's a cycle, because they want a fake lifestyle so bad. They want to throw stacks in the club as they have seen drug dealers do on youtube. They want the people to appreciate the material things they got.

I think satuaration is not a problem...it could actually be a "major solution and wake up call" if these broke, punk ass, sissified, BIITCHASS, rappers would see the power they actually possess.

These gadgets, google, ect.....that's the problem. Dude at work wants to correct me on shit he knows not a damn thing about.............goes to google real quick on in secret like he texting.....comes back and gives me more info than the truth I spoke...as if he knew something I didn't know....like he didn't just look the shit up. But did it benefit him any? HELL NAW. Because he will forget in the next 30 seconds...he just wanted to front. And that's what these gadgets do to these people. Instead of having knowledge grow on, they have knowledge for their own "entertainment".

This dude told me yesterday that he didn't like Twista...he don't understand what he is saying. But then I GOT HIS MFING ASS........asked him how he felt about Bone......30 minute bone discussion, which turned into a Busta Rhymes discussion, which turned into a Flo Rida discussion, which turned into a Tech N9ne discussion........oooooooooh he just looooooooooooooove those guys. With that said, I stopped expecting people to have the hip hop knowledge that I had a chance to experience. Because it's a new generation of "me's" that are up on music that the radio don't play to feed these weirdo hip hop fans. I'm not up on it because it's not my thing or it could be if I hear it.

Speaking of Flo Rida......hell...I couldn't name or have not one song in mind that he has created. All it took was one song.....don't want to hear nothing else from that dude.

That's talent. Today talent doesn't matter......just what the media feed you.

And people are not going to move on a damn thing.....just what the media feed them. Put on a hoodie for one person........pathetic. Black men spending 13 and 20 years in prison when they are finally proven innocent...and left with less than $500k.......where the rap songs at? Cops killing innocent young blacks on the regular....where the songs at? Where the hoodies at?

YOU ARE WHITE WASHED!!!!

Fuuck all yall rappers. Yall pussies to me....real talk.

We can't have our white daughters getting pimped and shaking their rumps in school by some nigger rapper pimp........no prom for non of yall.......Harlem Shake...well....that's different....it's innocent fun.

Where yall rappers at? You ain't got shit to talk about. And even when you do......you sound like an emotional pussy speaking on your personal lives.....grow some balls.

Rant done. I wish a rapper would. You even look like a rapper I'll slap the dog shit outcha.

Last edited:
Rice, I don't think these rappers know any better... they do what gets them attention - which turns into shows - which turns into money - which turns into more fame - more ego stroking.

Take a conscious rapper... he probably can sell out a Starbucks with his positive message because the general population wants to be seen as an e-star and that "conscious crap" doesn't fly with them. They have outlets now, before - nobody could see you unless you were on TV. Now you have Instagram, Twitter followers, FB Friends... you can be a star just by having enough swag, looks and wit. The negativity is going to sell. How many young girls have their backside as their profile pic instead of their face? Pick up any newspaper or watch any news broadcast... this guy said the program directors tell them "If it bleeds, it leads" so all the bad ish gets attention. Look at the hits on a rap vid on WSHH and then look at the hits on a good scrap or WSHH Candy vid.... I don't know if it's the rappers, it's the world. The rappers seem to be trying to fit in with the world instead of lead.

The music is negative because the mindset of people overall is negative. If they had a channel that had all happy news stories... no one would watch it.

You have to have -

3 Abducted women
Boston Marathon Bombing
Jodi Arias

type of news...

So in rap music that means you have to have equally as shocking news to get attention. You have to have a "perceived" struggle, some illegal substance references, some degrading women talk, alla that... because people are so bound by the law but fed negativity all day that they just want to wild out.

Who saw that movie THE EVIL DEAD? My son wanted to see it so we went... I lasted about 4 minutes before I grabbed him by shirt and got him up out of there. I asked him "Who told you about this movie?!?" lol. I was thinking some 1990's bad make up THRILLER scene stuff... people are being influenced by different things.

Let's not forget that these rappers were not "raised", they are just alive now.

Last edited:
We don't have rappers like

To keep these rappers in check. Because they want a check......but they are not rappers. They saw Waka do it.....they heard Drake, J.Cole, Wiz, Mac Miller, ect...voice....they sound just like "them"...so they feel they have a chance. Those dudes opened the door wide. All they need is beats, mimmick what they hear, and they good.......nobody will call them a sound alike....a wanna be....a studio gangsta....a sell out....ect.

Rap music is 1,000x better than it was in the late 90's and early 2000's.

The variety and abundance of content is astounding. I don't have to force myself to like a CD just because I paid $15 for it. I can download just the songs I like and play those for a week. Next week, I repeat the cycle. And that is just rap music.

The EDM revolution is even better than rap music. Swedish House Mafia, DJ Tiesto, Calvin Harris, Afrojack, Deadmau5, Skrillex, and so many other up-and-coming artists have made it okay for me to actually enjoy electronic music. I had to basically sneak and listen to that music on Saturday and Sunday nights on the radio. I can hear it anytime of the day now.

The Internet was the best and worst thing to happen to the music industry. Deal with it and embrace it.

How about early 90's?

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

The variety and abundance of content is astounding. I don't have to force myself to like a CD just because I paid $15 for it. I can download just the songs I like and play those for a week. Next week, I repeat the cycle. And that is just rap music.

Or you can download it for free without the booklets we used to get. So far all the albums I bought didn't come with metadata other than the basic stuff ye the technology been around. Which says a lot about how much producers care about product vs money. I mean, why give us more than what CDs in the late 90's gave us...all we want is the music. The CD All Eye's On Me came with three videos "I think" on the disk when installed into a computer.....as many other CDs. I haven't received not even a weblink on the mp3s. Most of yall don't care.....a lot of us do. Opening a CD felt like a purchase worth purchasing....atleast.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

The EDM revolution is even better than rap music. Swedish House Mafia, DJ Tiesto, Calvin Harris, Afrojack, Deadmau5, Skrillex, and so many other up-and-coming artists have made it okay for me to actually enjoy electronic music. I had to basically sneak and listen to that music on Saturday and Sunday nights on the radio. I can hear it anytime of the day now.

I don't hear nobody playing that shit here....they would get laugh at. lmao! Sounds like an overly fascinated person taste post right there. Maybe outside of the U.S. But that's another discussion. Hip hop culture still lives. We talking 69' Cutlass on 28's culture of music vs Need for speed cars type culture.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

The Internet was the best and worst thing to happen to the music industry. Deal with it and embrace it.

I agree.......I understand some people ONLY have the internet to deal with so they embrace it heavy. It's not like they have an actual culture where they at.....so they rely on EDM as their way into music....not because they are actually a part of "the culture". Which goes along with what this thread is about.

Funny thing is people not knowing what the internet is turning them into and "away" from. Soon there will be no "real money" for you....just a BIG SOCIAL GATHERING....with a nice fee. Whereas hip hop culture....will still be alive and well. And you will be back on hip hop's dick because that bubble got busted.

Some people are just "hip hop". We can't leave it alone. We pass it to our children like music was passed to us. Where as you think of it as sampling so you try to find "rare samples"...others bring back the memories that still last til this day. That's why it stays strong outside of the money hungry get rich quick goji juice marketing type people who don't have love for it.

If you black and haven't heard this song more than 10 times so far this year.....something is wrong.

Last edited:
You guys are just stuck in the past. That is not a bad thing. You just do not understand modern music. That is why you can always put on your favorite music from the past and rekindle your fond memories of yesteryear.

I often play that late 70's and early 80's music because my family used to listen to that. It reminds me of my youth. That music was great. But once I got into rap, I stopped listening to it. Black radio made a big change between the eighties and nineties. It went from R&B to R&B and rap music. Now, R&B is a rarity on black radio stations.

Today, I mostly listen to Top 40 radio. This is because stay in the suburbs now and I am more influenced by current pop culture. I bump rap music, but not nearly as much as I did a few years ago. Times have changed and I have adapted.

^^^^^but you ain't black..........

"culture" is the keyword here.

If you black, you got R&B in your system......or you don't like woman. Plain and simple. It ain't a hood thing either. It all depends on who you are around or "want to be" around.....no racial.

What type of person listens to EDM? Young dudes between 12 - 21. Sooner or later you outgrow only listening to that kind of music..."because it is popular." And the rest "is nothing new outside of hip hop."

lmao! Come on SON.....I live in the real world.

OH.....wait a minute...I forgot what world this has become today. Forgot bisexuality is considered normal....allowed to be taught in schools that it is perfectly find to kiss the same sex. So it's perfectly find to not have a perfect mood with the opposite sex.....so EDM is perfect....you get to not feel those natural feeling for a woman....and if you need a freak...hell..that's what woman are for.

EDM will open the door even wider for bisexuality.

Guys....young men....get you a straight woman while you can...shits about to be messed up....all because of music culture and the media. It's damn near told today that it's O.K to have herpes since 1 out of 6 people have them........I mean shit...it's only a wart...it won't kill me...that booty look to good to pass...it smells a little to....so what....hold my breath....while I lick that bump.....

That's nasty.....you need people to tell yall how serious this shit is instead of a rapper talking about mollies and never taken a molly before. Now you don't give a damn...dick rock hard....didn't need a club to influence you....you got music...and a homeless chick. But emotionally....a male friend is all you need...maybe get married....who knows.

Nude model chicks are going to wear those warts and "your" teen's generation will think it's some kind of sexy mark or something....because the media brainwashed you into thinking everything is fine. You think that's cum...she creamin....so cream turns you on......O......K. Wondering why you standing on your tip toes because your shit burning. lmao! That's what rap is for......tell yall stuff you need to know so you want be a fool. EDM is for kids who need to clean their room....cussing their mom out and shit. Mom scared of them...don't know what to do....never whooped her child because of the law. My momma whooped my ass to this song.....for the whole song....

Rappers....get on your shit. EDM has the world confused along with the rappers of today. Quit rapping about your selfish opinions and rap about shit that need to be on people's minds. It worked for JadaKiss......who would've ever thunk it would?

Sad man....yall telling me basically that as music moves on it should be forgotten..........that's the answer to every question right there.

You seem to forget "why" music evolve. That's why "our era of music" is never forgotten and yours go with the next week's top 40. It's why Jazz is still played til this day.....why blues.....but

WTF WILL YALL LEAVE WHEN IT'S SAID AND DONE?

Not a damn thing....because it's too late...things become old news. I got a Iphone 3 looking like an old handheld game I had........THAT SHIT COST $500 then!! I can't do shit with it today....why get a new battery? Yep...that's your generation...the goji juice marketing generation.

Last edited:

If you black, you got R&B in your system......or you don't like woman. Plain and simple.

What type of person listens to EDM? Young dudes between 12 - 21. Sooner or later you outgrow only listening to that kind of music..."because it is popular." And the rest "is nothing new outside of hip hop."

lmao! Come on SON.....I live in the real world.

actually If anything the music you grew up with goes with you. I usually listen to many different types of music, because I actually enjoy different types of music. EDM, Jpop, JRock, Rap, Indie Rock, etc...

I'm black, but I don't feel a deep calling to listen to R&B music and I still love Women. It's crazy if you try to reduce black culture to a specific genre of music and try to claim and brand it as one's own.

You all can say whatever you want, you all missed me when a lot of you said you liked Future.. you can't like rap if you like Future (semi-troll) lol.
Rappers used to be rated on their flows, delivery.. Radio and labels tried to kill rap and you all are helping them listening to some fake rapper.. At least Drake can rap quite good.. Nah, you have to go and listen to Future and tell me about his hook skills and even dare to compare him to the great Nate Dogg, God bless his soul.. oh hell nah !

There is plenty of very good hiphop.. even more than there used to be before... but these guyz get like 30 plays on soundcloud then quit... I've seen it happen... there is no real medium for rap/hiphop since it's top 40 only party at the music labels/radio... Blame that on the internet, the singles, payola etc.

Last edited:

If you black, you got R&B in your system......or you don't like woman. Plain and simple. It ain't a hood thing either. It all depends on who you are around or "want to be" around.....no racial.

Actually, I am black. I am an American. I even grew up in the hood!

But all of that is over. I left the hood and I am not going back. If that invalidates my blackness, so be it.

The way I look at saturation regarding popular hiphop music.
It's kind of like calling them out on there shit. Alot the music from earlier generations of hiphop (mainly early 2000's stuff)
had an appeal because the lack of access to music in general.

You compare alot of that stuff to music that's out now and it's not really that much more interesting. Your just able to be
more picky about what music you listen to.

As common as non lasting music is nowadays, I still feel there's certain projects that have that timeless feel.
A couple I can name from more recent are.

- Ill Bill vs DJ Muggz: Kill Devil Hills
- Madlib, MF Doom: Madvillainy

It has alot to do with my taste...sure...but those 2 albums have something that you can't emulate which is soul. These guys were like master chefs in the kitchen making the perfect soup. Doing that kissing there fingers expression, just having a grand ol time with there shit.

What keeps me interested in a song: Soul

Alot of music lacks that in general....I can hardly justify downloading any new releases, never mind keep them on the hard drive. I hardly even listen to hiphop any more at this point. I end up listening to new songs coming out now to just find what they sampled and listening to that...hehe

Everyone's targeting there music to this non attention span audience, and that's why the music stinks. I don't care if yours isn't as successful leading you label it underground. Call a spade a spade you shit spewing dick wad! Got to be a spirit! Not a ghost!

I'm still just as bad as ever for forum posting, lol!

Last edited:
I'm black, but I don't feel a deep calling to listen to R&B music and I still love Women. It's crazy if you try to reduce black culture to a specific genre of music and try to claim and brand it as one's own.

lol.....boy stop! lmao! Welcome to a real world. It's not a race thing...it just is what is is. I've been around all types of people....I know who listens to what. Black woman "I know" don't want to be in the car with you while you playing "dubstep".........unless they trying to get you for your papa...claim to enjoy whatever you like. She gone tell you to turn it to the "black station". LMAO! The radio presets are not set to mixed music with a "majority of black girls". It's on hip hop stations, r&b, oldies, and whatever is left it might get top 40 so they can go "I like that song...it's my sooong girl..heeeheeehahhahaaaa"....then when it's over they change the station.

Come on now! Let's get real.

Yall kill me with your "own" views of how you feel things should be compared to what it is. Most likely if you with a black chick of the same "culture" as you as a black man....you won't be chilling listening to Taylor Swift.......Skrillex.........um...shit....whoever else. It would be odd for that....it can happen because "YOU"..are looking for woman that would fit that kind of category...where you kiss and do the robotic tick to 126 to 140 bpm music.......so good it make you want to wife her because of the music.

I agree. In My Opinion Rap music now has surpassed rap music then. (This includes late/early 90's, 80's, even 70's) Artist now have learned from the artist of then. This raised bar of Hip Hop to a new high that is now difficult to achieve. So now as fans we are stuck looking for what's next. There was more room to grow as an artist back then because expectations of the art of rapping were lower then.

This here is the gift and the curse Music in general. Shit Technology is the gift and curse. Allowing More artist to be heard in easier ways, over saturated this genre. It made it easier to get started.

I just left a thread where dudes were talking about using rhyming dictionaries to rap. They realized "metaphor" rhymed with "C'est La Amour". The day "C'est La amour" is said in an all otherwise english rap song is the day hip hop dies, lol. Only LL Cool J coulda got away with that shyt, not him now, but old school LL.

I realized thanks to the net, dudes are so lost to what the craft of hip hop was and the culture behind it, words like "byting" and phrases like "keeping it real" no longer matter. I don't see that out my front door becuae I live in VA, you'll still get the shyt slapped outta you for rolling a blunt with seeds in it out here, you can't jump up talking about rapping and come with some half azz shyt in these parts. In L.A. I only dealt with semi pros, so I guess the rest of the world moved to a different place while I wasn't paying attention. This shyt is headed where it's headed. Ke$ha is classified as hip hop now, so....yeah.....lol.

Funny how the same dudes who once wanted to crucify soulja boy are walking around with rhyming dictionaries to be "real MCs" now. just...wow.

Rappers used to be rated on their flows, delivery..

This is not true. Just remember that. Some how it got to around to the world that to be some kind of talented MC you must have that....which was only true for that "same unpopular side of hip hop" as today. It just so happen that we based all of that according to the few rappers who were famous and known for it......and the world (just as it does today) try to copy that. The thing that defeated flow and delivery in hip hop through it's history is "content". A lot of the content people didn't understand because it was a cultural thing that wasn't going on where they were from. In south, we were jammin Luke....who the fuuck is a Channel Live......we were jammin Ball and G...who the fuuck is Smiff N Wesson? We've always been apart of doing "our thing" whereever we at. Westcoast had a sound, East, South, Chi Town....and we still remain strong in it til this day "in the underground". But the underground has become "saturated" with people who want "commercial" success. So they don't do what their city do..their culture does....they do whay they feel will get them money and fame "world wide". Dudes think to big for their britchers. And that explains "Future".....he is not meant for everyone to love him......it's something you "may not" be hip to because you are used to hearing so many copies. Because you are not part of the "culture" he represents. Told yall three years ago what Future was about to do. "Naw man...he gone fade like the rest do".....O.K.

Dudes need to understand what "culture" really means. It's the same reason I don't understand why a Brazilian rapper is popular in hip hop in Brazil........"for example of course". Then when the media gets a hold to it....YOU BE ON THE WATCH FOR IT.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Actually, I am black. I am an American. I even grew up in the hood!

But all of that is over. I left the hood and I am not going back. If that invalidates my blackness, so be it.

Thank you for clarifying my point. Just because you change doesn't mean others who have moved away changed. That's not said as a diss to you, just saying you putting your personal life as it is "normal" for black people to switch up and say "fuuck rap...I like top 40 music now" since you are not in the same enviormnment. You would ride through your old "hood" bumpin Skrillex.......you would be lying. Which is my point. You wouldn't ride around with a female from around your hood bumpin Skrillex and expect her not to look at you crazy or whatever. YOU WOULD.....ONLY LOOK FOR THE SAME BLACK GIRL IN YOUR CULTURE OF LIVING. Because they are a "minority" in which you would have to search.

btw...I thought you were black........reason why I said it. And like I said, especially you being from the hood, you can agree with what I said. People in the hood sense these kinds of things and some random dude come through playing some "what would be considered gay shit"....would not be from around here.....that send an alarm off even though we may not give a fuuck in the next couple of seconds...but we do sense that.

Point.......some music will never get old....it's timeless...it's passed on. If not...someone wouldn't have thought to have an oldies station.....R&B station. You don't hear that on top 40 stations unless the media gets a hold to it...you do on the black.....um...I mean hip hop and R&B stations. Well...used to....KNOW WHY? Because of these pussies crossing over for some money. So at times some radio stations made for R&B...(black stations) sound like top 40 radio.

When you have your local hip hop radio stations showing the underground of the city love....and it sounds like some shit from another city "MAJORITY OF THE TIME"...something is wrong.

When this is happening in the suburbs......time to move. :cheers:

Last edited:
I would not ride through any hood these days unless I had my piece with me. I got a modern car and I would not take any chances getting jacked. I would not have some ratchet chick in my car messing with my radio either.

If I do go to the hood, it is only to cop some soul food, get a haircut, or visit older family members. Even then I am on alert. Too many jealous dudes and broads out here.

How it is not true... if I take any list of the "best rappers" made by anyone they will all have a great delivery... Unless you go at the very begining of hiphop where you had a lot of fruity rappers too.. but even then, they had more content and delivery than some of the stuff you hear today...

I don't speak of rappers in general anyway. Just the best of the best have always had a good if not great delivery and they are the ones who had the best longevity too.

But now, you got Tity boi dumbing his flow down, Future and his coarse voice.. etc.. People lost appreciation for the delivery skills. It's a shame.

Especially when I hear youngings with actually dope flows and definite mainstream appeal (even bodying those trapstyle tracks which proves they can be flexible) and content that just don't have access to a strong enough medium to get heard...
Don't get brainwashed, there are dope stuff out here but you just don't hear about it because it just don't make its way to your ears...
That's just the way the industry evolved but it's a shame...

Last edited:
How it is not true... if I take any list of the "best rappers" made by anyone they will all have a great delivery... Unless you go at the very begining of hiphop where you had a lot of fruity rappers too.. but even then, they had more content and delivery than some of the stuff you hear today...

I don't speak of rappers in general anyway. Just the best of the best have always had a good if not great delivery and they are the ones who had the best longevity too.

But now, you got Tity boi dumbing his flow down, Future and his coarse voice.. etc.. People lost appreciation for the delivery skills. It's a shame.

Especially when I hear youngings with actually dope flows and definite mainstream appeal (even bodying those trapstyle tracks which proves they can be flexible) and content that just don't have access to a strong enough medium to get heard...
Don't get brainwashed, there are dope stuff out here but you just don't hear about it because it just don't make its way to your ears...
That's just the way the industry evolved but it's a shame...

People don't care anymore. I know I don't.

I used to listen to a ton of that East Coast super lyrical, metaphorical rap. I like today's Trap music better. I want to be able to dumb down now. I do not want to be a criminal or sell drugs. But the party aspect of today's rap is cool.

I like the ostentatious and gluttonous displays of wealth and abundance. Life has been very hard for people of African descent in America. Even though I know that Bugatti is not Ace Hood's (probably Baby's), it feels good to see that in a music video. All of that jewelry may be rented, but so what. I want to be entertained. That is all that matters to me.

When I get sick of rap, back to EDM. That si entertaining as well. They may be trying to sell bisexuality or homosexuality in a subtle manner. But I like the way the music sounds. I do not care about the words. I am not a mindless sheep who gets brainwashed by people. Those who do never stood a chance anyway.

I listen to more instrumentals these days anyway. Making beats has given me an appreciation of music itself. Artists are needed to sell records, but I listen to instrumental music because the words get in the way sometimes.

Last edited:
Back