Normal vs. Battle Layout

yeah merc i have seen those damn skinny things, they have nothing on my mixtick:D

but they go okey, i just think they are awkward :)

The reason I asked is cause I was thinking about putting my tables battle style. I have my setup on a bar which is pretty cramped. I setup on TT that way, but I don't like how I have to reach all the way across it. But I didn't leave it that way for long. Just wondering if anybody else just mixes, no TTism, and has theirs setup in battle style.

Verbal

Personally I don't like the battle style for mixing. You have to reach over to get to the pitch. I also ended up hitting the tonearm more.

That's all I do is mixing and I have mine set up Battle style and I actually prefer it that way. I like the way the pop light hits the records and not to mention it makes cueing up the record a bit easier. The downside to that is that you have to reach accross the tables to get to the pitch fader but that's no biggie. I say try them both out and see which one worx better for you. It's all about personal choices there really truly isn't a best way...........a way to get around that pict fader obstacle is to learn to adjust your mixes by either pushing the record along or using the spindle, a bit harder then the pitch control but equally effective.

MANGAZM I LIKE YOUR SLIPMATZ....
AS FOR BATTLE OR MIX STYLE....WELLL I DONT HAVE A TABLE YET,,, LOL SO ITS ON THE FLOOOR.
BUT I GOT THIS LITTLE TABLE AND I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PUT IT BATTLE STYLE.......ID LIKE TO PUT IT ON NORMAL IF I COULD

HEY WHAT WAX PAPER????? IS IT THE SILKY SMOOTH KINDA LIKE CAFFUCHINO COLOR PAPER??? CANT SPELL

Yeah that's the ones I think you meant Cappuccino btw :D :D but yeah you can get those anywhere. They work like magic too. Sometimes a little too slippery. The only downside but not really is that they do start to leave a small residue on the platter after a while. Nothing simple cleaning can't handle tho.

I just mix for now. I just switched my layout to battle layout. I dunno if I like it. I hate reaching across for the pitch. Not sure if I'm going to keep it this way.

Anybody got anything else to add to this thread? =)

Verbal

I just turned my tables as well. i thought I'd have to make more of an adjustment to the pitch being so far away, but so far, the mixes stay spot on. I also enjoy scratching and not worrying about hitting the tonearm.

Back