NEW Sound of the Westcoast F4F

Dope track. I think your sounds need to be beefed up a little bit to make this track really pop though. OG west coast producers used a lot of analog gear, which gave them a warmer, fatter sound.

I would recommend finding better sound sources or processing your sounds to get them to emulate that OG west coast feel.

If you have the time, please let me know what you think about my beat tape.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...e-your-music-give-receive-feedback/21-464044/

This is aight. I don't like the snare that much. Sometimes that saw synth completely disappears in the mix and I can't tell if it's because you aren't playing notes, the velocity was too low, or if the mix somehow swallowed it up. That epiano is ok. It pretty overpowering in the mix. Those things are funny, you have to be careful with velocity because it's easy to send them into overdrive. That's also what makes them really expressive. Anyways, I'd turn it down some and make it more like a cool thing in the background rather than the main forefront sound in the mix. I think that saw would be better if you but some glide/portamento on it so that it kinda slid to the note you played. Crank it up some too.

Not a bad track, but kinda mediocre to me.

Back