NEW JOINT "My First Crush" Been a While but im BACK! F4F

Thanks for the GREAT feedback

- Mix is superbly clean
- The sample is crazy
- Instrumentation is on point
- Arrangeemnt is dope -- so many "change ups" that keep the listener intersested
- I can definitely see the artists you listed on this track
- The part of the beat where it switchs up is dope

Keep it up -- looking forward to hearing more from you!

man this is good! tasteful is the word here, effortless sample selection, and as those above have said the arrangement is just the right balance of interest. Starting with that sample establishes beautiful contrast for your own updated sound, good production trick, and love how once you've caught everyone's attention you crank it up yet another notch when the hats and bass drop simultaneously. Energy level keeps building right when you think it can't switch up any more. Pretty perfect!

Struggling to find anything constructive to say. Picking at straws - I feel like the low end might be driving a mixbus/master compressor quite audibly sometimes? The instruments occasionally get pushed out of the mix by the bass during particularly rhythmic passages - check the organ for example. You can tell by the careful balance of volume/release stage that this was intentional however, and I actually really like this pumping effect, gives it weight. Massive!

Really interested to hear what gear went in to making this, those hats/cyms are too nice

whats up. this track is crazy. everything from the sample to the mix is superb
you with out a doubt know what your doing.
the sample cuts were so good i didn't know were they started or ended.
the drums were hitting hard and that bass was mixed perfectly
not sure if the piano was a sample but i enjoyed all the melodies
wow from the beginning to the end i had nothing to complain about. quality music right here man. good job.
over all its great also listened to some of your other work. good shit man your sampling is on point.
keep doing it man your good and will only get better!

check me out
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...resh-lab-100%-f4f-@flgang-let-me-know-469276/

Wow, the quality is just epic, and this was an accident?! Haha, this is inspiring for me to hear. Keep the creative juices flowin man!

I do really like this! great work.

I was wondering though, about the small crackling coming from the reverb(clap reverb maybe?)

Sounds like a reverb tail anyway, and the small crackling was distracting enough for me to pause the track and write this comment.

Other than that it was flawless....that crackling is definitely coming from 1 of your plugins because its the same timing everytime.

Perhaps my headphones are dieing on me but they are fairly new...

Is this small 'crackle tail' part of your mix?

and thanks for the comment on my mix!

Sick! I hear Freddie Gibbs on this, I think he would do something CRAZY over this. Maybe throw Curren$y on it for good measure.

The sample is nuts, it's always dope when you just run across that drop sample and chop it just right, nothing better than that!

Musically it is great IMO, mix wise it sounds good, when I crank it a bit in my headphones its a tad bit harsh on the high end, but it does't bother at me. GREAT beat!

Check me out when you get a chance

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...day-please-check-out-leave-your-links-469223/

I like this one. I would have gone with a different clap/snare though. I think it's really good when the open hats come in. That organ is nice. I think it'd be super cool if it slid like a gospel song though. I like when the samples goes up. I think there are too many changes in it overall, or rather their structure. It's like two totally different hooks that play. That's cool as instrumental music but I think for a song it might be better if was the same, or maybe just built up more and more over each hook rather than both being like totally different.

The piano at the end is cool. Is that a part of the sample or something you added?

Back