New FL Studio Skin!!!

SKINWARS!!!

....lookin' tight sqito

Last edited by a moderator:
thx ppl. :) It's a lot more work than I thought first.

Last edited:
yea, that new stealth is so slick. i love it. anyone else get the wierdness with the playmarker? it multiplies and wanders... haha. not too big of a deal. might be me- im in v5.

have you guys tried using any 'templates' from skins other people have done....?

Sqito said:

You can change the colors. To do it, first you need to be sure to able to see hidden files.
then browse to the FLstudio folder in the directory:

C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 6\Data\Patches\

and open *each* .nfo file and insert a line containing:

COLINDEX=2

ans save the file.
while 0 is white, 1 is pink, 2 is green,... etc.. you can choose from a few.

@ brahmac: stealth really got better. I'm just working on a Nuendo-like skin. I'll post when it's done (if I finish it at all :D ). here a preview:

Screenshot.jpg

oh shizzle sqito, ya lost me a little...

i get openin the nfos as text... i see that some of em have those color lines, some dont. but i think im missing some of the nfos, and i know i have extra folders... i tried an experiment on the one original named folder and corresponding nfo, and nothing changed though.

i have all new folders in my browser. they are all green. so im thinkin thats the issue.... do i need to somehow create nfos for the new folders, to color them? what the hell am i doing wrong here?

and what colors are available? and thanks an azs load for this....

edit- ok, i figured out how to change the ones i have... but i cant get a new one to work. any ideas? ive tried puttin em all over the place....

peace.

Last edited:
highkoo said:
oh shizzle sqito, ya lost me a little...

i get openin the nfos as text... i see that some of em have those color lines, some dont. but i think im missing some of the nfos, and i know i have extra folders... i tried an experiment on the one original named folder and corresponding nfo, and nothing changed though.
In the .nfo's that don't have the ColIndex=? line, you have to insert it anywhere in them.

i have all new folders in my browser. they are all green. so im thinkin thats the issue.... do i need to somehow create nfos for the new folders, to color them? what the hell am i doing wrong here?

For folders without an .nfo file you'll have to create such one with the exact matching name of the folder.

Just open Notepad type "Colindex=1" (or whatever color you want) and save it (Foldername.nfo) to the directory where the directory is, not the directory itself of course.

and what colors are available?
I don't know. You'll have to try some out by yourself. :)
I just know for sure that 2 is green.

oh, and you need to restart FL in order to make the colorchange visible.

Last edited:
oooohhh snap!

got it! thanks!

hahahhaaaaa! what a great day... i even have the day off...

whats up with the capitalization?

COLINDEX\ColIndex

i thought maybe it would change how many levels down it went, but it seems like its an alternate saturation or something.... weird.

damn, this is great. haha. ive always heard you couldnt do this... and its so easy. thanks again.

peace.

highkoo said:

whats up with the capitalization?

COLINDEX\ColIndex

i thought maybe it would change how many levels down it went, but it seems like its an alternate saturation or something.... weird.

or maybe not.... haha!

i think i was lookin at 5 and 6 and thought they were to similar...

theres a bunch of colors... over ten.

hey, where is the 'current projects' one? i cant find anything called that anywhere, but its in the browser...

thanks.

peace.

No problem. :)

"current projects" is buildt in into the program, hence not changeable. ;)

aaarrrr!!!

haha...

yea i figured as much...

i considered diggin through all that code just lookin for 'current'...haha. too bad you cant just delete it either. i dont use it for anything myself.

anyway, thanks.

peace.

brah, thank you so much for the effort you put forth in to making these skins...

Squito, lookin forward to dat nuendo skin :)..

Hey guys, thanks for all the comments. I'm glad you guys enjoy the skins. As for the new one, it might be a few more days until I release it. I'm still finding my self very busy, but every moment that I can free up... I'll be finishing up the skin.

Brahmac said:
Hey guys, thanks for all the comments. I'm glad you guys enjoy the skins. As for the new one, it might be a few more days until I release it. I'm still finding my self very busy, but every moment that I can free up... I'll be finishing up the skin.

eagerly anticipated to say the least!!!

your stealth skin is an inspration to me lately. thanks again.

peace.

Here is a preview of the new skin I'm working on. I decided to post it up to get some feed back, I want to know if you guys are feeling this. Other wise I'll scrap it and design another.

BWss.jpg

keep this...I'm rockin that stealth joint at the crib...got my $hit lookin real official...

do this one so I can download that boy and pimp my **** out even more...

hey man just seeing the skinz that your making got me pumped up to make one also......check it out!

Its called Blue Vision:
bluevision2rk.jpg

Right Click and Save Target

DOWNLOAD

Nice thread. If you guys want to have a thread up for custom skins make a new thread and I'll sticky for a while. This is assuming that people will be sharing their custom skins with other users.

sleepy said:
Nice thread. If you guys want to have a thread up for custom skins make a new thread and I'll sticky for a while. This is assuming that people will be sharing their custom skins with other users.

That would be awsome

Back