Need some help on making a popular effect

Vertuosoh

So, I've figured out how to muffle sounds on FL Studio. What I can't figure out for my damn life, is this - just skip to 5:03 youtube.com/watch?v=H1hggFjnBDA

(yes, I know the synths he's using is retarded as living shit)

He said using the default Love Philter does it. I did that... not a damn thing close to it or ANY difference whatsoever. What am I missing?

PS. It is also in this video at 13 seconds youtube.com/watch?v=Dwf25yZoaA0

Thank you for ANY response. I have a million ideas with this effect and want to get started pronto.

in this one the issue is he is using an automation clip to open and close the filter at a beat synch level

same here

Last edited:
Ahhh man I still have no idea what's going on. Sorry I'm a noobie.
Do you use love philter? And are you saying you have to use two automation clips?

tap the beat
does it coincide with the filter opening and closing? that is beat level synch

single automation clip copied and pasted to every beat

I do not use fl, but I can hear what is happening and can describe the process in generic terms

if you watch a little bit further into the tutorial video I think you will be shown how is creating that clip

Nothing. Literally nothing changing. I am putting the automation clip on, and using the same PC + Phaser preset he is using.

Damn dude. I don't even know what that means lol I guess I'm hopeless. It's about my 5th day of using FL Studio and I thought I could get all this known and figured out in no time.

I do know that it's literally right under the pattern 1 in song mode. They're not all the way stretched out, they just last for about 1 second, but I still should be hearing it if I'm doing it correctly.

an automation clip control how some part of the vst behaves - it controls a parameter of the vst - if you have not linked the automation clip to a parameter (or worse to the wrong parameter) you will not hear any result at all

Back