Need Quick Answer: What cable do I need?

Salt-Slasher

I just bought Behrninger TRUTH B1030A speakers with a XLR balanced input.
I also just bought the Line6 UX2 which has two Analog outputs 1/4.

Would I need a XRL(M) to 1/4(M)??

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/680593-REG/Behringer_B1030A_B1030A_5_25_75W_Active.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/598593-REG/Line_6_99_073_0315_POD_Studio_UX2.html

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

I am certain I should get a male TRS 1/4(balanced) to male XLR(balanced)

THIS is what you need

Cool thanks.
I knew that TRS=Balanced 1/4-guitar cable=unblanced.
I also knew that I should run balanced for best results, and the TRUTH's only carry XLR on balanced, but I am so excited, I can't wait to set it up and play guitar through them!

I spent $335 on the UX2(129.99( and Behringer TRUTH B1030A's(199.99) + 5$ for faster shipping.

Yeah I will probably just get the cable at GC tomorrow, cause I want to go see how much they will give me on a trade in on a MPK25. I put it up on craigslist and KSL for $200 cause its brand new.

But I got $100 left over for another purchase, and if I can at least get $100 for my it, then I could buy the CTK-6000 this weekend if GC carrys it, which I hope they do cause I got an extra %10 off if I trade in for something and buy something in the same transaction!

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

According to Behringer.com

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B1030A.aspx#featurelist

In the picture where it shows the back of the speaker showing what each thing is, it says and I quote "Input accepts balanced XLR, 1/4 TSR and unbalanced RCA!"

So if there English is correct 1/4 TSR comes after balanced, and before unbalanced, meaning that a regular Balanced TSR Male cable should work!

Does anybody know if TRS or XLR get better sound??

When you plug in studio monitors, are they suppose to have a small fuzz sound when just plugged in and turned on?

I have the B1030A's plugged into UX2, and I am using 1/4male to 1/4male Balanced, and I am getting a fuzz sound.

But I thought I could just use cables I own, so if B1030A's 1/4th are unbalanced then I need to get that XLR to 1/4 Balanced.

OK, I've looked at both units I/O pictures. You do need the xlr-1/4" TRS cables after all, as the other inputs on the monitors are unbalanced, i.e. TS only.

The fuzz you describe is a little vague, but possibly mains hum or other emf induced noise on the output lines/

Some questions:

Do you have the same fuzz when the monitors are on without any thing plugged in?

Are the monitors plugged into the same mains circuit as the Pod/Computer?

Some questions:

Do you have the same fuzz when the monitors are on without any thing plugged in?

Are the monitors plugged into the same mains circuit as the Pod/Computer?[/QUOTE]

The same sound is on with just plugged in the wall, or plugged into my UX2 or my CTK6000.
I changed it so the two monitors had their own two Power Plugs on the wall, while my computer stuff is on a strip, on other sockets.

Behringer has several sources even the box they came in, and it said the 1/4 are balanced and unbalanced?!? But you are 100% right, behringer finally emailed today, and said that the 1/4 are unbalanced and to use XLR when plugging them in.

Well I returned them for a new pair, cause there was a few other problems, and I figured if nothing is wrong then no big deal, but if there is, then I saved a heartbreak.

I went GC, and all the Studio Monitors made the same sound. If you put your ear up to any of the tweeters you can hear this sound!
Even on the KRK RP5G2, it had more of a whine, but it was plugged into a fast track, so it was using RCA, idk know if that is why it was whining.

Anyway, from what I read speakers shouldn't make any sound period, especially if I mute my computet and put the UX2 on 0. Other places said this kind of sound is because of the amp inside, which makes it powered.

I am expecting another pair, but if there out of stock at the end of the week, they might just give me the money back, in that case I might just spring up the extra $$ and get the KRK's since they are so widely considered better.

As I wrote elsewhere on fp about this problem, it is actually heat noise, which cannot be eliminated - it will remain at a constant level and will only a small amount of inter-modulation distortion to the output.

I think I am getting an in store credit, but are the Mackie MR5's any good?

I remember seeing them at the store, but I didn't spend much listening to them.

There isn't that many choices around the $200 mark, but I don't have the money for any $300-$400 pair.

Back