MPC users: Is the JJ os worth it?

VELLE

I keep hearing about it. Can someone explain to me what is so good about it? Are there any glitches? Will I have problems using programs and sequences that were created on the Akai os? If I do not like the JJ os can I switch back to the Akai os? These are just some of the questions that I have.

yeah its worth it, JJ OS1 is the bizness, it shyts all over the Akai OS.

I also tried the JJ OS2, but I still need to give it time to grow on me. I like the grid edit in the main screen though

I dont know about JJ OS2 XL, The last time i looked into it, it was still kind of new and had alot of bugs, but that was a while back, so it might be cool now.

Yes you can switch back to the akai os, but you wont

yeah its worth it, JJ OS1 is the bizness, it shyts all over the Akai OS.

I also tried the JJ OS2, but I still need to give it time to grow on me. I like the grid edit in the main screen though

I dont know about JJ OS2 XL, The last time i looked into it, it was still kind of new and had alot of bugs, but that was a while back, so it might be cool now.

Yes you can switch back to the akai os, but you wont

Is there any particular features wise why the JJ is better than the Akai?

Okay, the only thing im afraid of are the glitches. And can i use the previous programs and sequences that are saved on the original akai os?

Last edited:
Just install it.

The JJ is a def upgrade. It actually fixes alot of the akai bugs, changes the appearance of the menu screens (improvement) and IMO is way more user friendly....and If you decide that you don't like it, you can always put the old 1 back on it.

Renaissance31 said:
If you don't have JJOS, you haven't been using the MPC to it's potential. Period.

+1

There are JJ OS versions you can try for free. It won't have all the bells and whistles of the paid version but you'll get to see what differences there are between the OS'.
If you don't like it, switch it back to the old Nukai OS.

Last edited:
Actually they all can be downloaded and installed for free. You just cant save your work until you pay the fee and receive a password to unlock the saving option.
Only way you'll know the difference is if you have used the Old Akai Operating System for awhile and witness its limitations. Then you'll see how much more flexible JJOS is.
Go to www.mpc-forums.com to research.
Its definitely an improvement over the original Akai OS

Okay, the only thing im afraid of are the glitches. And can i use the previous programs and sequences that are saved on the original akai os?

yeah i wanted to know the same question as velle, can you use previous programs and sequences that are saved on the original akai os?

But a friend of mine just got a mpc1000 last month and wanted me to show him the ropes. It had JJOS on it which i hadnt used before, i thought it was pretty good and I found it easy enough to use.
Im thinking of getting the version for my 2500, im always a bit skeptical with change though. lol

Last edited:
I just purchased the JJOS1 and I was curious if anyone knows where to get tips or tutorials? I hear this thing is great but right off the bat I can't hear a click or the metronome. And I don't know where to go to find the answer, ayone have any ideas?

If the JJOS is so good, why haven't Akai just observed it and released a better one?

Seems like they'd do that rather than have money taken out of their pocket by some guy. Who is JJ?!

If the JJOS is so good, why haven't Akai just observed it and released a better one?

I hope this is a serious question and not a shot at JJOS because i assure you its leaps and bounds better then what the people at akai could even hope to come up with. I know guys who switch to a 1k or 2500 just because of the JJOS.

JJ stands for Japanese Jenius.

his OS's are great, even his free one sh!t's on akai OS.

Back