MPC 2000xl over fl studio?

i had an mpc but i sold it to go all software. i loved it and i will get another one soon. but im just infatuated with alot of the software out now.. reason 5 and maschine got me inspired

i had an mpc but i sold it to go all software. i loved it and i will get another one soon. but im just infatuated with alot of the software out now.. reason 5 and maschine got me inspired

I like the way reason looks. It's cool how u can turn the entire interface around and look at the wiring of your racks.

i have a mpc 2000xl I got it off ebay for $400 and it was mint. i mean the thing looked like it hasn't ever been used. no problems ever. I maxed out the ram and got a external zip for the mpc and a external zip for the pc, I do however hate zips so i plan on buying a harddrive for the MPC. I would not give up the MPC for anything. I also have FL 9 and my son uses that. I used to use that thing religously and swore by it, but when I bought my MPC i dont think I loaded that thing up once except 1 time to use the sequencer for a complex piano melody from my fantom fa i had at the time. FL is a more powerful unit because you can use VST's and effects right there but I dont dont use VST's except compressors, eq's and reverbs and i only use those on my vocals in cakewalk in which i can put my VSTS on a bus of my drums, snares etc. Tracking out does not bother me, because I do 9 second loops of individual drums (ie snare 1 track kick 1 track) which would make me spend maybe a extra 4 seconds if I was exporting the same way out of FL. BUT MPC 2000XL other then screen issues are built to last.

sick of siting in a chair, clicking your mouse and starring at a computer screen ?
get a mpc, plug your phones in and make beats in bed....
thats what i do after a hard day.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

for real tho... using a mpc and computer together is were its at for me... I use logic as a sound mod and do all my sequencing on the mpc,
works great once you get a template set up.
never used fl before but im sure you could use a mpc and fl or reason in a similar way ?

As much nostalgia as I have for the MPC2000xl, I'd say go with a pad as well. That's the way things are going. Course, it wouldn't hurt to learn the old school way of doing things, and the sound of the converters on the 2000 is something you can only get by using one.

Okay *deep breath* question.

How do yall feel about matching an MPC up with today's trap synth sound and w/e??? Is the MPC gonna be dated in the upcoming years?

My weapon of choice is FL. I've had a tickle for years about using MPCs, so eventually I do want to get one, just to have one... but for the money I feel like there're tons of other equipment I could dive into beforehand... I'm confused as to what to do... I know that there are possibilities between the MPC and FL in joint use, but I feel like my main priority is my sound library, not workflow... Plus, with pad controllers out there, I'm not sure if a full MPC is necessary... of course I'd gun for the 2000XL at least, but I also don't trust ebay like that...

I mean NYC is my hometown though, and I can float there whenever... I would probably want a new one but I could go for one that I knew worked well and hopefully wasn't used too much...

What do yall think? Bout to browse ebay now lol

Okay *deep breath* question.

How do yall feel about matching an MPC up with today's trap synth sound and w/e??? Is the MPC gonna be dated in the upcoming years?

My weapon of choice is FL. I've had a tickle for years about using MPCs, so eventually I do want to get one, just to have one... but for the money I feel like there're tons of other equipment I could dive into beforehand... I'm confused as to what to do... I know that there are possibilities between the MPC and FL in joint use, but I feel like my main priority is my sound library, not workflow... Plus, with pad controllers out there, I'm not sure if a full MPC is necessary... of course I'd gun for the 2000XL at least, but I also don't trust ebay like that...

I mean NYC is my hometown though, and I can float there whenever... I would probably want a new one but I could go for one that I knew worked well and hopefully wasn't used too much...

What do yall think? Bout to browse ebay now lol

if your in the nyc area all the time, as myself...i would suggest goin to either rogue music on 220 w30th (manhattan) or armens music on 251 w30th (i think).

last time i went to rogue to upgrade the ram in my xl they had an sp1200, mpc3000, mpc4000, 3 mpc2000 xl's, and 2 mpc 2000's, not to mention i believe i saw an asr int he back with the synths. Its a dope store, and they install ram and the 8 outs right there for you.

Back