midi recording is changing the sound of my motif sounds

dmajor100

I just dont know what it is and it seems to be pretty strange but anything having to do with external midi recording changes the tone of my motif sounds as if they were going threw a strange filter. I have used logic,pro tools and maschine to record midi just so i can munipulate it and once i switch to that midi channel the sound instantly changes. Im not sure if this is the interface ( tascam us 144) cause when im not on a midi track and just playing live on a audio track the sound is how it should be.

won't be the interface.

first thoughts are that when you switch midi channel running status (part of the midi protocol) detects that there has been a change and sends the currently registered program number down to the new channel. Whether this is the Maschine causing this or a MIDI filter/tool in Logic or even in ProTools I can't say. But I would check each to see if they are set up to automatically send a patch change when changing MIDI .channels

You don't say if the change is consistent or random, but I'm willing to say that each channel changes to the same patch number.

Im just doing a regular channel to channel setup but i dont have the motif to local off not sure if this Will be the cause. And yes as long as im on a external track or midi, anything to do with record the motifs midi the sound is altered.

Back