Me & a friend started a new alias - this is our first track

Ohm

So we've got together and have started to really try and make a go of this. This is unmastered and its only been put up to get the ball rolling but we want feed back and also some followers :P

So tell us what you think!

:)

Hey there!

So.. this track. It's fairly good. Production quality, while unmastered, is certainly still quite good. I think where it, in my ears, it seems to lose some of its strength in attachment and relationship with the song itself, for me, is the lack of melodic progression.

Don't get me wrong - it's very good. The bassline is creamy, the vox have been resampled very well and utilised to a great extent. The atmosphere is chillaxing. But I don't feel that it's moving and evolving in the way that it should.

Think of it this way, in terms of the frequency spectrum:

You've got mids to mid-highs: this being your vocals, the majority of your drum samples (snare, claps, hats)

You've got lows to mid-lows: this being your layered bassline (sub and all) and your kick.

What's mostly missing is most of meat of the mids and the high content. This is your harmonies and your melodies. You've got some supporting factors, like the leads that follow the bassline, the vocals that reach far into the highs, some of the effects to keep it nuanced and interesting, but there's something missing... something concrete in those specific areas to solidify it and keep it progressing forward.

This is just my two-cents.

Overall: this is a very good song! Great job:)

-J.P.

Last edited:
Wicked man thanks for the reply. A lot of what you said makes lots of sense, i've got another one coming out soon but we're waiting for it to be mastered properly. I'll check some of your stuff out, but cheers for the comment. Nice to see someone actually make a decent one aha. Take it easy man and good luck! Peace!

- I thought the intro was kind of too long
- Vibe of the track is very good
- Love all the elements in the track
- THough i thought the drum & sound quality/selection is lacking a little -- but i do like the gritiness of the track
- Instrumentation is very good
- I think you just got to mix it a bit better -- and make the drums FATTER and you got something dope!

Please return the favour:

Mickey Blue - "The Prize" (Produced by Kao & Benny Liang) (F4F)

Thanks!​

Back