Mickey Blue - "The Prize" (Produced by Kao & Benny Liang) (F4F)

BL3

Benny Liang (Producer)'s sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Very proud and excited to be a part of of this track. I promise you Mickey Blue will be the first guy to blow up from Markham (my hometown). This track shows off his low and high tones and his rapping as well. Very different but very superb -- i dont think anyone has the same style he does!

---------------------------------------------------------

Mickey Blue's Twitter: http://twitter.com/BuckSlenderly
Mickey Blue's Soundcloud: W.A.T.S.'s sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world

---------------------------------------------------------

Kao's Twitter: http://twitter.com/katsu_sound
Kao's Soundcloud: katsusound's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world

ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED!

- Benny

Last edited:
Yeah really nice track! Mix is so clean. I like the choice of the instruments and the panning of the hi-hats.
Thumps up!

Yo thanks for the feedback on my track.

I like the mixing a lot and I really love his falsetto part. Legitimate good song, not just a rap/hip hop track. Yeah this guy is talented and your minimalistic track with the pulsating bass works really well. Really cool song, good artist, no suggestions for improvement.

Hows it goin BL3,

Im diggin the tone and delivery already, sounds very cinematic. Its super different but its dope im diggin it. HE has a good sense of melody. I dig it he definitely has some potential fam. Keep me posted on, I definitely wanna stay updated on the music. Return the feed when you can - SoundClick artist: ayodlo - page with MP3 music downloads

Thanks for checking the song out!

"Haze"
- Sample is dope
- I like that live-sounding bass you had -- but i would lower it more -- too loud in the mix in my opinion
- Other than that, mix is clean
- Definitely a creative work!

Thanks for the feedback on mine, man. Much appreciated.

The beat for this is on point. The pulsating bass really creates the club-type setting that your artist inhabits, so the song in its entirety comes off as really believeable. You added in a lot of unique flourishes here and there which complemented the track well. The one that stuck out on the first couple of listens was that siren-like noise you had wailing around. The drums sat well within the song, creating that propelling effect along with the bass. They were present but not too overpowering. Great job overall.

Aside from a pure technical and production standpoint, I wasn't a huge fan of the song as a whole. A lot of had to do with the lyrical content and the overall theme of the song. I mean, dude's got an amazing, versatile voice and he knows how to use it. He has great presence on the mic, but on a holistic level, the song didn't strike me as particularly original. To be fair, that's probably more of a critique on the singer's part rather than yours as the producer, but I thought I'd give my two cents on it.

All in all though, I was really impressed.

Sounds original, loving the dub vibe. Drums are very minimal which works for this kind of track and the artists compliments it with his unique vocals... Keep doing your thing bro

Hey Benny Liang! Returning the feedback here :). I must say that this is a professional production. I love how you play with the instruments in the back (The snares, rim highats) man they sound very very awesome :D. I love the panning too, this beat is very nice and complex and I don't have anything wrong to say. Maybe the lead may change sometimes (Too repetitive) but there is no problem with this at all! that 1:58 is a nice stop btw !

Keep it up man!

The Beat is on point im not sure about the vocals... they're loud imo i dont think some of the parts dont fit the artist singing style especially eith all the instruments but besides that its pretty good man

Back